Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a close friend of mine has a n/a supra wit basic mods ( intake and exhaust ). He wanted to boost it up a little and put a 100 shot direct port NOS system. Is that safe ?? He doesn't want a single fogger because he is afraid he will blow up his engine. He already has a new fuel pump. Any info would be great, thanx

·
ABM
497 Posts
he can safely run direct-port but the lowest he can jet DP is 120-shot. as far as safety DP is the safest to run, compared to wet and dry foggers when running higher than 100-shot. if he is using a brand new stock NA fuel pump and he sprays the direct, the engine will bog and shut off. he can use maybe a TT fuel pump or better yet get a walbro or some type of aftermarket pump that will flow high. as far as safety to his engine, our iron blocks can take a beating and keep ticking but NOS will continue to wear it down if used alot, same goes if your car is turbocharged. rite now im running 125-shot DP, with intake, exhaust, and cam gears, and im doing just lovely with the NOS setup. good luck to your friend. :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyway, my friend is going wit the 125 shot DP system. Those bastards at bullish racing are charging like 1200 dollars for the install only !!! I think hes gonna find someone else. To avoid any fuel problems he's gonna get a HKS AFR fuel tuner to keep the fuel mixture steady. What do u guys think of this setup ??

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
sooprastah, man thats sounds like a sweet set up. i'm wanting to buy cam gears but i can't find out what are the best settings, can you help?

·
ABM
497 Posts
yea 97supraTT, installing direct port is not easy, the hoses have to be perfectly aligned for the nitrous to jet properly. i though i had a steal when my shop did it for $750.

Maxz6, you can't go wrong with the HKS or JUN cam gears, both 5-bolt gears and work very well...better than the 3 bolt AEM ones.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ur guy installed it for 775 ?? my friend has the kit, installation is like 1200, bastards, all of them

·
ABM
497 Posts
yea, the shop (Hiper Racing) prolly gave it to me that cheap because i buy ALL my parts from them and i got really cool with the owner. the lowest i've seen around here install direct is $950.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts