Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this will work? In my opinion Nitto over rate their tires with respect to width. Just trying to get someone elses opinion on this. TIA

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
im sure it will... one of my ls1 buddys has 315/35-17 nitto DRs on a 9.5" rim.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I know the tire will fit, but I don't want it to bubble out to much. I'd still like to hit a corner or two without having to worry about the tires. The 275/40's work great but I want to fill my fender well a little more :cool:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ive always heard an 11 inch wheel is the correct width for 315s, but since the Nittos are known to be slightly skinnier than they are rated like you said, I would say you could probably get away with it with 10 inch wheel.. But i would hate to tell you I know for sure it would work without much bubbling and have it not work out for you. hopefully someone with actual experience with a 315 nitto on a 10" wheel will see the thread.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
i heard the nittos run smaller than they actually are.. on a 10" rim, why not run a BFG 275/40 Drag radial?

Brett

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BFG's are the oposite, I've found their 275's to be under rated:D I took one of my BFG tires and lined it up next to a 285 street tire and the BFG was wider.

I use to run BFG's but they are highly unstable on any corner in my opinion. I will stick with the Nitto DR's :) I can still hit corners and have great straight line traction.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
yea if your running daily driver tires, i would stick with the Nittos. they can do everything a regular street tire can do!

Brett

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
I would not mount a 315 on a 10" wheel. I have seen a Corvette with 315's on the stock 9.5" wheel and it look really bad (as in not good). :)

Later, Steve

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve Jarvis said:
I would not mount a 315 on a 10" wheel. I have seen a Corvette with 315's on the stock 9.5" wheel and it look really bad (as in not good). :)

Later, Steve
Steve I've seen the same thing. The tires bubble out like no other, however, Nitto 315's are not true 315's and thats why I'm asking.

I guess no one is running Nitto 315's on a 10" wheel :(

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ScrewDrvr said:
how about 275's on a 18x8" wheel?
I don't like 18's because of the lack of traction. I'm running volk GT-P's that weigh about 17 lbs per wheel, this with Nitto's yeilds nice results from a dig and in the corners(back roads).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts