Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an add in the back of a magazine lately that showed NITTOs new 555R2's that they claim are "road racing" tires. Does anyone know anything on these or the availabilities? I saw sizes in the range I could use on my street rims which would be a nice alternative to going with a straight up drag radial like the BFG on my 18's. I'm tired of paying 350+ for my BFG TA KDs.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discount tires website has them in stock in the 17" size but none listed for the 18"s. Might wanna give them a call and see if they have them since their site sucks for showing what they can get.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sil,
come on man go a head and try my tires the Kumho Ecsta V700 :) full road race tire and very reasonable

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the note Euphoric, I'll check it.

Anthony, the Nittos are pretty damn good comprimise for wear and traction as far as straight line and this new series might be even better all around for what I want to do. They even carry the perfect size for my rim limitation (285/35/18). If they suck I might try some other stuff.

·
Registered
228 Posts
you touched on the only downside to the Kumho's the tire wear :(
i love em though, and i love the size 285/30/18 which is acctually the correct size and aspect ratio to keep the speedo correct :)

leme know how you like those nitto's i would be curious to see how they perform

1 - 5 of 5 Posts