Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering new tires in the next few days and wanted to know your opinions. What would have better traction in the dry in the size 315, the nitto drags or the KD's? I would think that the nittos would do better but I've heard so many people say that the nitto's don't hook that great. My only concern is traction. My car is not a daily driver so I'm not concerned about tire wear. I really wanted to go with the BFG Drags but it doesn't seem like their going to be available anytime soon. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Nitto drags would be better than KDs. BFG Drags would be better still, IF you absolutely won't be in the rain with them.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I agree, the DR's will hook better, I've had both and currently run the KD's on the street...

B

·
0 Posts
I had 335/18 KD on my Trans Am, I hated the danm tires. They sucked so bad for cornering or traction of the line. Get the Nittos. I can I acutally hated driving on the BFG Comp TA KD. You might want to look at the G-Force thought, I have hear some good things about them. The KD are just to hard of a rubber compound.

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Are you kidding me?????? This is the softest compound street tire out there... I run it on my supra (700 rwhp and 640 rwtq) and this is by far the BEST hooking street tire I've ever had... I ran this tire at Texas World Speedway (as does Andi B.) and it was GREAT! As a matter of fact, Andi is cutting times faster than vipers on hoosiers with this tire... Are we talking about the same tire?
BFG G-Force T/A KD?????

BalticSupraTT said:
I had 335/18 KD on my Trans Am, I hated the danm tires. They sucked so bad for cornering or traction of the line. Get the Nittos. I can I acutally hated driving on the BFG Comp TA KD. You might want to look at the G-Force thought, I have hear some good things about them. The KD are just to hard of a rubber compound.

Chris

B

·
0 Posts
Nope, I was talking about the Comps. not the G-force. I have heard good things about the G-forces.

Chris

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
Nope, I was talking about the Comps. not the G-force. I have heard good things about the G-forces.

Chris
You are confused. There is no such thing as a Comp T/A KD. The only "KD" tire is the BFG g-Force T/A KD, which is the most badass street tire available in terms of dry grip.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/catalog/ultrahigh.html

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bfg.htm

I think you're talking about the regular BFGoodrich Comp T/A ZR's and just confused them with the KD. The regular Comp T/A ZR's do indeed suck.

...but the g-Force TA KD's (also known simply as KD's) are bar none the best handling and grippiest street tires available.

Regards,
Andi

D

·
0 Posts
Even the regular comp TAs aren't that bad. I used to have a 650+HP mustang and I went through 4 sets of tires in 10K miles! Those were the only tires that got me to hook up. I can only imagine how the G-force hook up. I am also trying to decide between these two but they don't make a fitment for a 335/35/18
so I think I am going with the comp TAs. Check em out at tire rack and compare them with other tire besides the G-force they have a 180 compoud(very sticky!). Hope this helps....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts