Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a NO FRONT PLATE ticket. Whats the amount? Couldnt find it on the site?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
luckily i have a basket of tickets,
Title-39 3-33
Unclear Liscence Plates
$54.00

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah i heard lots of po pos up there.... didnt know they were allowed to pull you over just for that. maybe they heard you opening it up?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ive been pulled over for no front plate even though i had it. It was off to the side, he looked and just went back to his car then drove off. You can be pulled over for anything

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't opening it at all...actually i was going the speed limit (which is totally unusual) and i was in the G coupe. the irony was i was going to my dads to fab up a bracket to mount the plate w/o having to drill holes in the bumper. Its bullshit when you see people go by at 80 and the cop just sits behind you going 65. o well...guess its life...

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
I fabbed a front plate bracket for my Supra because I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper either. Up close, it's not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, but 1) no holes drilled at all and 2) doesn't block the FMIC at all either.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
Ive been pulled over 3 times in less than a month for no front plate so i finally gave in a mounted it. I drilled 2 very small holes in the bottom of my DO-Luck kit and zip tied that shit but with a lean on it so it is angled up but it takes up very little of the intercooler. It doesnt look too bad and its definately not as noticable as drilling right in the front.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was pulled over for this last summer. Kenilworth police had a checkpoint set up on Kenilworth Blvd. Since I was wearing my seatbelt, they decided to break my balls for no front plate. At least it distracted them from my expired inspection sticker.

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah i used exactly that to pass inspection, then i removed it and now i cross my finger every time i pass a police car (passed many). fortunately not ONE have took notice.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yeah i just keep it in the car with me at all times...i will not drill holes and i refuse to put them on the front of any of my cars..except the beater...
the other day i got stuck at a check point and the cop asked me where my front plate was and i quickly pulled it out from under the seat and said "im waiting for the bracket to come, then i will mount it"..and he just said ok and let me go...but knock on wood ..i havent been pulled over for it yet and if i do get pulled over for something else they dont even notice that i dont have a front plate or they dont even bother busting my balls about it...i dont drive my car that much so hopefully i wont ever have to be forced to mount it...

Ant

·
Registered
59 Posts
At the Time I had a GST and I was on Halls Mills Rd in Freehold near the DMV...
(that road has sick twists and turns by the way).... I was going 85 in a 35 and Cop was coming head on and clocked me....

Took me a while to slow down and pull over... by the time he got to me he saw that I had firefighter plates (volunteer)... (thank God) and gave me a ticket for unclear plates because the front plate was angled down.... oh well

Better than a 4 point 250 dollar ticket!!

Are they definitly giving out tickets for the sidemount plates?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
my collector sticker keeps me from those tickets. along with tinted windows,etc.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
yes sir. most of the cops that stop me dont even know the extent of what is legal . im sure front plate is mandatory as wel las a seat belt and no tin. but i just say "hey i pulled up to the front line of state inspection and they pass me. so therefore the state of nj says i am leagal this way."

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
It all depends on where you are located. I got pulled over in a certain township and when I told him that I passed inspection with it so it's "legal", he said "our judge would beg to differ".

·
genius wannabe
49 Posts
Yeah, there seems to be a certain town near Freehold that is named after a brand of cigarettes that just loves to pull over people for the tiniest of things.

Twice they cited me for having unclear plates when I had my front plate in the bottom of my windshield on my GST. They seem to be the only town that is bothered by it as I have driven past plenty of cops and pulled over by others and they never said a thing. I guess it all depends on whether or not the township's law enforcement has anything better to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts