Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone in NJ could give me an idea what a good price for insurance would be, for a 21 year old with a clean driving history. The car is a mk4 TT with full coverage. Im looking at the car but Im not sure if the price of insurance will be too high. Right now i drive a 92 supra with just liability and I pay 1300 a year.

Thanks,
Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
wow u have a 1992 supra and u STILL have 1300 for liability? been awhile since i was 21 hehe. yeah ur going to be paying around 2500-2800 a year. when i was 25 with clean record and a 350z, i was paying 2100 with NJM... similar premium once i switched to an evo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have NJM as well...I just turned 21 and Im trying to decide if I should get a newer car and full coverage...Im hoping my ins will gow down now that im 21
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I bought my Supra when I was 22 and it cost me ~1400 with State Farm. When I switched to NJM it dropped to ~1000. Do not expect a drop at 25 as mine stayed the same. I have full coverage with a $500 deductable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
anyone know what the deal is with geico..i am paying 3400 a year for my mkiv tt full coverage and my beater with just liability and im 24 with an avergae driving record that is egtting better..meaning i havent had an accident or points in about 3 years..i want to switch becasue i am getting reamed out with insurance...but someone told me gieco is cheap but they will drop you without batting an eye if you get points or anything liek that...and we all know with supras its pretty much impossible to keep a clean driving record since we are targeted so much by the cops around here....

Ant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Geico isn't always the cheapest

Two years ago, 21 then, I was quoted by Allstate for a 98 TT 2000/yr for full maximum coverage, 1000 deductible, pleasure under 7500 miles a year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Geico is the cheapest if you're a student with 3.0+gpa and you're buying insurance under your own name yourself.
NJM is only for people that have connections to the company via family or work for the government.
If you're a newbie and want to get NJM, it is impossible, hence why everyone gets fucked paying for insurance.
I just got my 95 back in dec, it's 2600 full cover 1k deductible.
I'm young but have no driving issues, and the sad thing is, i don't even drive it
 

·
Ex-hardtopper
Joined
·
1,920 Posts
I have NJM as well, full coverage with a $200 deductible on comprehensive and a $500 deductible on collision and pay 800/year on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
IcedSuPrA said:
we are targeted so much by the cops around here....

Ant
We are? it seems they barely even glance over when i drive by. when i had an evo, they stared me down everytime. compared to the silver evo, my black sup is quieter, less boy racer looking.... and i dont even run plate and they leave me alone (lets keep it that way)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
mifesto said:
We are? it seems they barely even glance over when i drive by. when i had an evo, they stared me down everytime. compared to the silver evo, my black sup is quieter, less boy racer looking.... and i dont even run plate and they leave me alone (lets keep it that way)

i dont have a front plate either..iof thats what your talkin about...idk i think ive grown a bad rep in my town with these cops...and the next towns oiver..i dont even do anything bad..i dont speed around town like a maniac or anything but for some reason they fuckin love to pick on me..and i dont even drive my car alot..hmm maybe the evo boys get harassed more then i do...there has been times where i have been pulled over 2 or 3 times in a few hrs for nothing othr then those bs excuses.."oh i thoguht your inspection was expired" ect. ect.

Ant
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
IcedSuPrA said:
anyone know what the deal is with geico..i am paying 3400 a year for my mkiv tt full coverage and my beater with just liability and im 24 with an avergae driving record that is egtting better..meaning i havent had an accident or points in about 3 years..i want to switch becasue i am getting reamed out with insurance...but someone told me gieco is cheap but they will drop you without batting an eye if you get points or anything liek that...and we all know with supras its pretty much impossible to keep a clean driving record since we are targeted so much by the cops around here....

Ant

dont know where you drive but cops only target most people that act and drive like asses here in nj. i just gave a guy here a break in his riced out honda .

-cop:central be advised a see another supra on the road
-central:WHAT! :furious: stop him you know he gets a ticket :furious:
-driver:shit a cop saw me, ticket time :(
-cop: ok central ill find something to ticket him for its a supra
-driver :man another ticket for nothing :eek:

try NJM
only thing hurting you mabe is your driving record(you must have lots of tickets you drive a supra ) ,type of car you drive ,place you live ,age.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
Ranger498 said:
dont know where you drive but cops only target most people that act and drive like asses here in nj. i just gave a guy here a break in his riced out honda .

-cop:central be advised a see another supra on the road
-central:WHAT! :furious: stop him you know he gets a ticket :furious:
-driver:shit a cop saw me, ticket time :(
-cop: ok central ill find something to ticket him for its a supra
-driver :man another ticket for nothing :eek:

try NJM
only thing hurting you mabe is your driving record(you must have lots of tickets you drive a supra ) ,type of car you drive ,place you live ,age.

i have zero points on ym license...and i beleive its them targeting me becasue of the car and my age and maybe some other things all put together..
my dad has a vette that he never drives and it doesnt have a front license plate either...he never ever gets harrassed about it at all..ive been in the car with him and cops dont even look twice when they see him driving...THEN ill take the vette foir a spin and cops are all over my ass becasue of the no front plate..giving me the bs inspection excuse...and when i get pulled over the ciops are usually big assholes to me until i tell them that its my dad's vette and not mine..then they are like ym best friend...
another friend from the area who is also a supra owner goes through the same thing i do..and his father also has a vette with no front plate and he sees the same thing..when the old guy is drivin they dont even care..when he drives the vette..he gets harrassed..

Ant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
JZA80Howie said:
It doesn't take a significant drop until 25.
actually they don't do the "huge" drop anymore when u turn 25. From what i've been told by many insurance company's is a slow gradual drop in price over a few years.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top