1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like it better then my c’s shifter. I didn’t know you was still around nashman , never mind still building shifters

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys late night posting been running around with my head cut off just before launch date of web site and what not. You can vist our face book page if ya wanna see some behind the scenes vids and pictures Log into Facebook

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it better then my c’s shifter. I didn’t know you was still around nashman , never mind still building shifters
I am still around, car still around .... car still doesn't run lol

• Haha
Reactions: debrucer1

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am still around, car still around .... car still doesn't run lol
oh I understand that. Mine is running again after engine out, engine bay shave and reshape. Now it’s looking like turbo seals shot. Always a hurdle but I’m determined to drive it 2022 😊

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh I understand that. Mine is running again after engine out, engine bay shave and reshape. Now it’s looking like turbo seals shot. Always a hurdle but I’m determined to drive it 2022 😊
Ya I want the same thing... even thinking on trying to go to las yegas in 22

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the C's short shifter that I picked up on eBay for $250 some years ago. It's a little shorter than stock but the important thing is the throw length is shorter because of the raised fulcrum over stock. (The part below the ball is longer). I measured the throw length at 3 1/2 inches from 1st to 2nd. Here are some photos. A Martin Crawler nylon socket tip is a good replacement over stock. They also have Derlin plastic shift seats that I was not able to fit on the C's setup. Link to Martin Crawler page.

Household hardware Nickel Metal Gas Auto part
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Radio

Product Font Material property Electronic device Technology

Human body Sleeve Tree Terrestrial plant Font

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ya that’s what I have( the c’s) in my car. I think it makes the shifting notchy. I tried it with the shaft removed and a knob with set screws directly to the shaft, nice low height but awful shifting.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Martin Crawler page.
Ya that’s what I have( the c’s) in my car. I think it makes the shifting notchy. I tried it with the shaft removed and a knob with set screws directly to the shaft, nice low height but awful shifting.
R154's have always been notchy. They are derived from a truck transmission. I rebuilt mine with a drift motion kit and it improved the downshifting into 2nd going around a corner but the notchyness was still there. The C's kit requires that the 2 half-moon pieces go down into the transmission housing first. The round housing goes on top with the green Toyota shifting bushing inside. That puts the shifter tip in the middle of the shifter arm where the stock one originally sat. Any other set up will cause trouble.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ya I went through mine years ago with a kit that came with slightly different synchros and upgraded bearings. I also have 1/2 billet shift fork, upgraded thrust washer and billet main bearing retainer. All marlin crawler stuff. If transmission ever has to come back out a t56 will take its place

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well these issue have been addressed and improved on on the new shifter. The tight notch feel is reduced from less drag be cause of the use of a half ball design un like every ones else's full ball design plus the pin deign has been changed. The knuckle you can give it just the right clock wise sweep, then angle it for your arm length from were ever you have your seat adjusted too. All the other shifters I have used the r145 gate has a notch to the right feel when going into 3rd aka the most common the 3rd gear miss shift same as the second gear miss shift from not pulling left enough angling the shifter solves this with just the right amonte of off set from the knuckle. it is truly a really nice upgrade over the v2. oh ya if you use the nylon marlin clawer shifter seat it should be lighter I have yet to try it on the new gen but people have told me it made it easier to slip into gear on the v2 but is not as good as a dampener from vibrations from the transmission. so thus why the oem shifter seat remains in place.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All is well......I even have a 2jzgte build going on in the build section......shhhhhhhh!
oh hmmmm to many blown up 7m's or just a different car or just a change in old school toyota flavor.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts