Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Way late to this party… I may have one @NashMan ’s original short shifters. Was awesome. Glad to see you’re still at this. 👍

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,992 Posts
I put a ported head on and forgot to remove the breaker bar from the crankshaft bolt. The bolt broke and a friend thar owned a 2jzgte reminded me that if I ever have to do a repair again that I would but a 2jzgte no matter what.

So I did.....hesitantly, but I am going for it.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I put a ported head on and forgot to remove the breaker bar from the crankshaft bolt. The bolt broke and a friend thar owned a 2jzgte reminded me that if I ever have to do a repair again that I would but a 2jzgte no matter what.

So I did.....hesitantly, but I am going for it.
I think if I pop this new god motor all have to do something different just to have motivation to do it hell my shit box has not moved in what 11 years

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ive been lusting after one of these for decades. I cant wait to get it installed!
let me know how you like it mabye make a unboxing vid or something????

Reactions: CTsupra

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The FD has a 13B now. Sitting in storage for the last few years.
Might sell it one of these days.
id just keep it and watch the price soar on it

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Already past the unboxing part but i will post my thoughts once installed! But for now, ill say it's a beautiful piece of machinery!!
does your car run lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lol, yes, it runs! It's just slowly undergoing maintenance and upgrades. My garage is cold as phuck and im a little bitch in the cold.. need a heater that wont make my energy bill skyrocket.
Go get a little propane bullet one from Home Depot. The regular size tanks like you use on a grill only last about 3 hours straight but you will be toasty

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
How would you compare this short shifter to the Raptor Racing S3?

Ken.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Go get a little propane bullet one from Home Depot. The regular size tanks like you use on a grill only last about 3 hours straight but you will be toasty
Ill also be dead from carbon monoxide poisoning lol! Garage is sealed well but the doors are not insulated (should do that too). Thinking about one or two of those slim wall mounted "heat storm" units. If i go the propane route i guess i can crack a window and get a monitor for the garage.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
How would you compare this short shifter to the Raptor Racing S3?
Ken.
They are very different but the nm one has a shorter throw but with better adjustment as for shift feel very similar but the Nm you feel the gate more the s3 feel more numb

but by the looks of it they no longer sell the shifter there because I can't find it

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
They are very different but the nm one has a shorter throw but with better adjustment as for shift feel very similar but the Nm you feel the gate more the s3 feel more numb

but by the looks of it they no longer sell the shifter there because I can't find it
It's possible the RR S3 is no longer available. I have one in my car that was installed in 2013. I'm interested in your video, which is the reason for my inquiry. The S3 is a quality piece, although the reach to 5th gear is longer than OEM due to the slightly reduced shifter height. Enhanced feel and adjustable shifter height of your shifter has me intrigued.

Ken.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It's possible the RR S3 is no longer available. I have one in my car that was installed in 2013. I'm interested in your video, which is the reason for my inquiry. The S3 is a quality piece, although the reach to 5th gear is longer than OEM due to the slightly reduced shifter height. Enhanced feel and adjustable shifter height of your shifter has me intrigued.

Ken.
It feel is like no other I must say and has a signature click that sound pretty neat.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Alot have sold but my main question is... does any of there cars work it is a supra after all lol. on a side note the 6 speed and 5 speed 4wd, 2wd 2nd gen Tacoma is on it's second proto type.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It being able to be adjusted back and to the left closer to the driver is slick. Going for 1st , 3rd , and 5th with the stocker like your gonna punch the climate controls 😂. Well for me that’s what I want one for. Hell I’d like to try the “ knuckle “ on my c’s shifter ,but who knows if the main shaft is same size.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts