Supra Forums banner

No boost and car does not accelerate

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Stu Hagen 
#1 ·
Guys, my car is running like $hit! Mods are intake, downpipe, exhaust and SSQV BOV. Whenever I start my car and start driving, the car feels VERY slow and it seems to bog then goes then bogs then goes. When I accelerate the car doesn't go faster, it stays at a steady speed and I get so frustrated as cars behind me are honking me so I floor it and I boost up to 0.5 bars and the car STILL does accelerate faster. Sometimes when I put the pedal to the metal it'll lag for awhile then the boost will finally hit. This is extremely annoying as I can barely drive it on the streets since I cannot control the speed of the car. PLEASE HELP!

G
#3 ·
i highly doubt it will be such a mess just because of an intercooler leak, but yes check... another thing it could be is your fuel pump, then also fuel injectors, O2 sensor might be back and the ECU is giving you crap, i doubt its anything major, but my first guess is the fuel pumps. A diagnostic test should be done to pin point the prob.

#5 ·
At first I thought I was missing so I changed the spark plugs and the problem was still there. I've checked for a intercooler leak and it tight as it can be. If my O2 sensor is fouled, would my check engine light come on?

This morning the car was idling very rough. But it won't die.

G
#7 ·
it might be the O2 sensors, but then again your engine light should come on if its the problem. My has a few probs , the engine light is on, and O2 sensor bad after i got the codes.

Like i said it could be gas pump, its not sparkplugs, could also be a bad fuel filter, have you changed that lately? O2 senros (maybe) with boost leak i doubt it woul dbe as bad as you said, it would be slower but i dont know.

When did it start doing this, and have you done anything prior to it tweaking out or did it just randomly started doing that out of nowhere?

diagnostic, its only like $100+ some places cheaper.

#8 ·
msivyhuynh said:
it might be the O2 sensors, but then again your engine light should come on if its the problem. ........
My CEL did NOT come on for a very long time after my car started driving EXACTLY like your description. When it did, it was O2 sensor.
I replaced it and the plugs and all was well. (You will have to replace the plugs whatever the problem is anyway).

BTW, it's a PITA to replace.

#9 ·
VickSupra said:
My CEL did NOT come on for a very long time after my car started driving EXACTLY like your description. When it did, it was O2 sensor.
I replaced it and the plugs and all was well. (You will have to replace the plugs whatever the problem is anyway).

BTW, it's a PITA to replace.
The O2 was a PITA to replace or the plugs?

#10 ·
And which O2 do you guys think it could be? Primary or secondary?

Wouldn't the CEL come on if they are fouled? I've been driving for about a week like this already.

#13 ·
SupraSaiyan said:
And which O2 do you guys think it could be? Primary or secondary?

Wouldn't the CEL come on if they are fouled? I've been driving for about a week like this already.
Mine only had one. :biggrin: It's up behind the turbo.

And mine did not throw the code for quite some time. I actually tried running it at TWS / TX2K5 and finally threw the code.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Oh yeah, I also put my stock intake back in after I did all the coils and connectors.

#18 ·
I had a similar problem twice, it happened to be a vacum hose conected to the intake manifold. The first time I replaced the coil packs, spark plugs O2 sensor, and it didn't fix it. finally I found the disconected hose under the intake Man. after reconecting it the car started running just fine. Both times it happened after I overboosted. Just check all the vacum hoses, it's worth a try.

#20 ·
I've ordered the Hose Technique hose kit and will have all my vacuum hoses replaced once it gets here.

This morning the car idle was only a little rough and sputter slightly. After driving for about 5mins, the idle was perfect and solid. Yet the car feels a little sluggish.

#22 ·
Okay, well I went ahead and checked for engine codes and I got code 42 VSS. Could this have caused my car to run like this?!

#24 ·
it could be something wrong with fuel system. check injectors, pump, filter, etc..

i think it is this because i ran out of gas in my car before! that was because my fuel gauge is retarded. it doesn't read correctly. the hand was on the 4th to the last line and my car started bogging and choking. ... i was like Oh my god this is extremely embarrasing! but luckily i was close by my friends house(2 blocks) i managed to bring the car next to his house.. it died 1 block away and it rolled down.. yes.. very imbarrasing. stupid fuel gauge!
anyways. my point is when my car was running out of gas it started choking and bogging and then i pedal it and it accelerates after a lil lag. and at the last seconds of the car still running i pedaled to the medal and the boost when up to .5 but the car still bogs.. yeah anyways good luck with finding out whats wrong.

#26 ·
Does anybody think Code 42 would cause my car to bog/slow/sputter/hesitate?

And do I splice #5(blue/red wire) into #6(pink wire)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.