Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The list below with my mods but have not hit boost cut? what does it feel like to hit boost cut?

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge or anything to tell you how much boost you are hitting? From those mods it is doubtful you would hit cut which is at 14.7 psi. Your probably close to it tho!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You'll know when you hit the fuel cut. The car pretty much craps out and all the warning lights come on. You'll know it right away.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My car is very similar to yours right now...except no blow off valve. I've hit boost cut a few times. If it makes a difference, I am in forty degree Cleveland weather though.

The first time I hit boost cut, it was in fourth gear really hitting it. When Boost Cut was activated, it was almost violent. Very sudden jolt of the car with the check engine light coming on.

I'll be getting a bcc very soon....and I'm thinking of going with a manual boost controller. Sounds like a pretty good option if not going higher than BPU.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I dont have a boost gauge to tell how much boost Im running at the moment, The temperature while racing my car must have been around 20 degrees C or 68 degrees F. Does the temperature make a difference?

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
temp does make a difference. at lower temps air is more dense meaning more air can be pushed into and through the turbos, meaning more boost. in warmer weather the air is less dense therefore less air will be pushed through the turbos.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I will basically not hit boost cut with my mods at my temperature cause it is not cold enough.
:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts