Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I still dont know what is causing my low boost problem. I switched to a new wastegate( Thanks Larry and Innovative turbo) but I am still only getting about .55 bar or so. Right now though I cant tap into the top of the wastegate. My stubby DP was modified awhile back and I have to move it back so the nipple will fit on top. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I checked the IC pipes and tightened all the connections. Checked the BOV's also. You can hear the turbo start to spool but at .55 kg/cm the turbo just hits a wall and stops. The turbo spools up quickly to this level, plus I dont hear a leak off the turbo or manifold so I dont think that is the problem. To limit boost that much it would have to be a decent sized leak. I did a compression test about 2 wks ago and it was good. I will double check that though. The car still pulls a little harder than a BPU Supra though. I also recently replaced the manifold gasket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the problem is very frustrating. I wasnt getting any races when my SP60 was on and running well but now everyone wants some. I really need to get this problem resolved.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts