Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have chekced my fuses i have checked the blubs. is there anywhere that controll the break lights??? :urowned:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the same problem. cant figure out why they dont work. my 3rd light doesnt light either.
hopefully its just the switch under the brake pedal or soemthing. (if there is one there that is)
lmk if you find anything out and i'll do the same
Ryan

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
check the lamp failure box in the hatch, below the driver's side tail light. and what's with everyone mis-spelling "brake lights" ? haha if you have "break lights" of course they wont work. :p

-shaeff

T

·
0 Posts
Willing to bet its the failure box. Shaeff is most likely right. My first supra did that, kinda of a pain when you dont know they are out, and your driving around at night. lol wooops.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check the lamp failure box in the hatch, below the driver's side tail light. and what's with everyone mis-spelling "brake lights" ? haha if you have "break lights" of course they wont work.

i changed it with the one out of my brothers and its still not working.
i was however messing around with the back of my gauges. could anythgin have goten mixed up back there by any chance?

There IS a brake pedal switch, check if you have power in and power out.
is that located right on the peddle it self? im guessing so.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so yea i went to school today and my teacher noticed the blades which the fuse goes into werent tight enough... so he said rap the blades with tinfoil or bend the hell out of them. so i bent them and now i have break lights.
thanks for the input
harry

·
Registered
628 Posts
harry89supra said:
There IS a brake pedal switch, check if you have power in and power out.
is that located right on the peddle it self? im guessing so.
thats easier said than done. i can barely see the switch none the less reach it well enough to test the wires on it. I would probably have to pull the whole dash to change it. I still havent had time to look at mine, but hopefully its that box by the tail light then.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the peddle switch was pritty easy to get at. but i didnt realize how loose the fuse was lol. but its all good now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts