Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow Electrical wiring Gas Engineering Motor vehicle
Yellow Electrical wiring Gas Engineering Motor vehicle

i have a 1987 mk3 Supra with a 7M GE and a w58 transmission. I recently did a heater core on this car andwhen putting it all back together, could not find a female end to this white plug pictured above. I don’t recall if it actually plugged into anything or not, but my ac nor my heat works anymore, also have a newfound rough idle. I was thinking the white plug had a female end, but am not sure, and wanted to see if anyone else could help. I don’t know if these issues are related, but I’m concerned and would really appreciate some help, thank you all!

·
Registered
89 Turbo - 2JZGE-T VVTi 6062
816 Posts
Hmmm, sorry my friend but this one has stumped me. I found 2 connectors in the TSRM with this layout: B2, and 'G' in the AC circuit
Rectangle Gesture Font Parallel Sharing

However, I couldn't find one with only 4 pins present. Maybe a pic of the back of the connector could help. Then I could trace it by wire color.
I checked my car, an 89 turbo, but I couldn't find that connector or its counterpart. I don't have the factory engine harness though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, sorry my friend but this one has stumped me. I found 2 connectors in the TSRM with this layout: B2, and 'G' in the AC circuit
View attachment 276937
However, I couldn't find one with only 4 pins present. Maybe a pic of the back of the connector could help. Then I could trace it by wire color.
I checked my car, an 89 turbo, but I couldn't find that connector or its counterpart. I don't have the factory engine harness though.
Okay, I’ll try and get a pic of the back asap. Thank you! I asked another Supra friend and he said the same as you

·
Registered
579 Posts
Since I was just under there today, I took a look. Mine has that white plug and a mate. The mate disappears into the harness, so I really couldn't trace anything. But, does your car have ABS? Mine does. The ABS computer is above the glove box next to the engine controller.

·
92 TURBO
1,710 Posts
^ IMO, Toyota would not use a 14 space housing for just 4 wire connection points. Wires were removed from that housing. The only housing like with 14 spaces and in that location on an 87 is the B2 connector like omicca mentioned but it has 14 wires in it. I scrolled thru the entire 87 TEWD.

EDIT:
I made out a Yellow, Red and Black w/ brown wires on 3 of the 4 wires in your pic. Those color wires and their location in the housing indicate they are for the ABS.
Yellow wire would be in space 4, Black w/ brown in space 5 just like in your pic. The other 10 wires were removed from your housing.

file:///C:/Users/Supra/Downloads/1987_Mk3_TEWD%20B2.pdf

^Section 22 ABS page 77 B2 connector

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I was just under there today, I took a look. Mine has that white plug and a mate. The mate disappears into the harness, so I really couldn't trace anything. But, does your car have ABS? Mine does. The ABS computer is above the glove box next to the engine controller.
Mine doesn’t have ABS, it also doesn’t have TEMS, if that helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts