Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello so I’ve been trying to figure out why I have no heat on my mk3 Supra, I backflushed the heater core and ran a constant vacuum to the hvac valve. I figured I tried to find out if there’s any coolant going into it. I started the motor and unhooked the hose and there’s no coolant. The motor is cold. Does it only open when the thermostat opens or is it always suppose to receive coolant?

Edit: I removed the hose going to it and it was super just very very clogged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forgive me for being presumptuous. But in an effort to help I'll cover the basics for you and anyone else following.

Qhen changing the coolant, you need to refill the radiator and then start the car and let it idle until it gets hot. When you do this you want to hear on high blowing top and bottom. It took about 45 minutes of idle before I got hot air blowing.

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive me for being presumptuous. But in an effort to help I'll cover the basics for you and anyone else following.

Qhen changing the coolant, you need to refill the radiator and then start the car and let it idle until it gets hot. When you do this you want to hear on high blowing top and bottom. It took about 45 minutes of idle before I got hot air blowing.
Oh really? When I unclogged the pipe I got heat instantly. But thanks for the info I didn’t know you had to let it idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts