Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the brake fluid and in my haste set off down the road with half a reservoir of brake fluid .
The warning light came on so i doubled back and topped it up and the warning light went out . The problem is that since doing this my cruise control has stopped working ... Any ideas ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
wasyour clutch fluid low too? there's a switch for the clutch pedal and the cc won't operate unless it's all the way out. I had this problem once.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
intense3123 said:
wasyour clutch fluid low too? there's a switch for the clutch pedal and the cc won't operate unless it's all the way out. I had this problem once.
the clutch fluids ok , "what do you mean by all the way out" :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh that makes sense , the clutch master cylinder is starting to weep a little fluid on the rod where it connects to the pedal . It just seems uncanny that the prob started when i ran low on brake fluid , i,ll have a good look at it at the weekend
, Thanks for your help :)

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
you didn't drip any brake fluid into the CC actuator did you? its next to the brake components? I'm sure that brake fluid wouldn't do any good inside the CC actuator.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jong said:
you didn't drip any brake fluid into the CC actuator did you? its next to the brake components? I'm sure that brake fluid wouldn't do any good inside the CC actuator.
No i didnt , but i,ve bought another actuator just in case its one of those random supra component failures. Before i fit it i,m going to check out the clutch and brake switch .
Are they located around the pedal box area ?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Also check the connections and vacuum lines going to th CC actuator... dunno what they all do, but I have accidentally pushed them off, while messing around in the general area wher ethe master cylinders are.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been out for a run in the car and the cruise operates once out of every 20 applications , and the only thing that helps it to cut in is a small blip on the accelerator pedal . However once its held a speed if you press the accelerate button , the cruise control disengages, :dunno:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The TSRM has a CC diagnostic procedure. The ECU (or the CC ECU) will test itself somewhat. Look it up.
HTH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts