Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a bad ground somewhere i think....

the issue im having is, my clock, power door locks, and dome light are not functioning...and since there not functioning, the warning/exclamation light is on.

it started when i was driving home one night, and i dont know where to check grounds, or fuses...

the clock will illuminate somewhat, and the warning light will get dim when i am cruising on the freeway, and if i get on it, or hit a bump in the road, the clock will go off, and the warning light will get bright again. and when the clock is lit up, and the warning light was dim, if i tried to turn on the dome light, the clock would go off, and the warning light would come back on. also, it resets my trip meter on the odometer when this happens, im not sure what might be causing this, i considered a bad fuse, but im leaning towards a bad ground, i have electric fans hooked up, a blitz dc2 boost guage, and i also have jeremy blackwells true twin conversion switch hooked up, i checked the grounds on the switch, and then boost gauge, nothing changed. i will go check the electric fan ground next. perhaps it could be an alternator ground? or something of that nature?

Problem 2!
when i unhooked the boost gauge to check if that might have been the issue, and then hooked it back up, when i start the car now, the boost gauge is reading at "-.7" instead of at "0"

i tried checking the fuse i have it hooked upto, its connected properly, i tried checking the ground and it is grounded properly. i had it hooked up the exact same way it is now, and it was working fine. im not sure what i did? or maybe i just never noticed the gauge always running at ''-.7" at idle?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated
thanks!

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what fuse though? i checked the door fuse and it is good, is there an accesories fuse or something? i checked the little fuse box by the driver side floor, i didnt see anything that might have been close to causing that

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
check the 10A fuse in the drivers side foot well. Not the little flat one, but rather the bigger "box" one.
Autozone has replacements but are red in color.
MIne went out and I had the same issues.

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will have to check that! i know i checked one of the little box fuses down there, not sure which one. ill check into it though
also curious
what would cause my blitz gauge to read -.07 and not zero? possible boost leak perhaps? or just need to reset the gauge since its electronic?
any other guys running electronic gauges, chime in

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, so i put a new 7.5amp fuse in, and it blew already...i am not smart with wiring at all
so what would cause this, and the fuse that was in there before that blew was a 30amp....

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
check the 10A fuse in the drivers side foot well. Not the little flat one, but rather the bigger "box" one.
Autozone has replacements but are red in color.
MIne went out and I had the same issues.

Can you specify which fuse it is? And what the fuse does? And will a dying alternator cause all this though? I doubt it..my senses say a bad ground somewhere.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
was there absolute no power to your interior controls..even with the 7.5amp in or was it working with the 7.5amp and the 10amp..but it kept blowing the 7.5amp...causing the interior features to fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts