Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
no mid pipe

so i decided to take off my mid pipe due to the fact that it broke in two from where the converters began... and for some reason the supra seems to be a bit more faster why is this??? just curious... sorry for the stupid question... another plus side is that it sounds meaner... any info???

thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Why would you even drive the car without a DP. You should melt everything under hood

·
Banned
865 Posts
what the hell you removed the dp? It would have made more sense removing the midpipe, but even then thats stupid.

Put it back on before you melt shit, and im surprised you didnt get rolled on in ontario for running as loud as you were.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
how da hell did u pull off drivin w/out ure downpipe?? oh boy...u realize what comes out the back side of the turbo right? i always pull my exhaust off and leave it from the midpipe back, and thats the thing, it only seems faster because of the sounds, and yea, it does sound a lot meaner, next tmie dont do that please, would realy hate to c you melt something or even start an engine fire b/c of something so ....not smart?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
There seems to be no end to the stupid things that inexperienced supra owners will do.

It's a sad thing that many of the owners of these cars are now buying them as their first or second car. You need to learn on a shit box first, not on a supra.....

I feel bad for your car, it's a shame it's not in the hands of someone who has more respect for it.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
I always knew that NO DP was the way to more power, I just never had the balls to set my car on fire doing it!

·
Registered
640 Posts
so i decided to take off my mid pipe due to the fact that it broke in two from where the converters began... and for some reason the supra seems to be a bit more faster why is this??? just curious... sorry for the stupid question... another plus side is that it sounds meaner... any info???
thanks
:wtflol:

kietlander : hahah we have a winner
He should run for president!

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
removing the cats removes the flow restriction.... your turbo spools faster and reaches higher boost spikes....

good job rewording the question. I have stock cats you can buy if you want to replace your broken one.

Put a piece of flex in the down pipe to prevent this from happening again.
-M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts