Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ticket while my car was parken in LA and it was for NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE yet it says its a parking violation on a parking violation ticket. Is that even possible? Its not even a fix it ticket.. just a freaking parking violation. Im thinking of contesting it since the ticket was just left on my windshield and set as a parking violation. Doesnt sound right ... can anyone familiar with the law chime in?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my problem is that they have it marked as a parking violation

·
Highway Demon
2,887 Posts
was your car not parked while the ticket was issued? LOL how much is the fine? i got the same ticket once here in SF. it was a non correctable ticket given by a meter made for no front plate. the fine for one of those here in SF is $100. police officers give out the correctable no front plate tickets while meter-maids give out the ticket you have and the ticket that i got. the cost varries btwn different counties so for your sake i hope its alot cheaper then what i paid. just mount a front plate on your car. gives cops less of a reason to pull you over and gives you less hassle. i agree front plates look like ass on our cars but hey i'd rather have a ugly front plate on my car then giving a cop a reason to pull me over and then making up some other BS excuse of probable cause to pop my hood.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Just pay up. I parked my car in Torrance one night a while back and Torrance PD strolled through the shopping center and started writing up front plate tickets all over. Just put on the plate, get it signed off, pay the 10 dollars or whatever, and take it back off. It is that easy

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
This is BS. Someone tell me why some cars have to have front plates and some dont? For example the new corvette's.

·
Highway Demon
2,887 Posts
This is BS. Someone tell me why some cars have to have front plates and some dont? For example the new corvette's.
all cars in cali need to have front lic. plates. thats the law. if a cop wants to profile and target imports for not having plates and let domestic cars slide thats just a cop being an ass, but by cali law all cars need to have a front plate.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the rear thereof , unless the license plate is issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.
Amended Sec. 27, Ch. 594, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Gotten both tickets too, the $100 one from DPT sucks as it is just a shitty way for the city to generate revenue.

As for being pulled over--its all about the profiling, when I had my beater camry, I got pulled over twice in a half hour for taking my plate off. Then had another car for about a year with no front plate and never got bothered.

Have some older co-workers, most of which live in the south bay and drive luxury cars who never have their front plate on and never get bothered.

The record has to be this one guy I worked with who had a Cayenne Turbo, he drove it for a year and a half with no plates at all, he left some of the original dealer stickers on it and never got bothered once.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i've gotten that ticket before while parked on the street.
beverly hills cops/ parking enforcement will write a ticket for anything.

i was in the hospital for family and when i came out, TICKET ON WINDSHIELD. NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE.

this was about 6 years ago. paid about $50. ever since then, i always have mine on.

·
Banned
338 Posts
i thought no front plates was always, a fix it ticket. A $100 fines just seems excessive, because i ve gotton the no front plate ticket about 5 times now and it was all was corrected with a $10 fine

hope you get it fixed

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Yeah I guess you guys are right. Its one of those stupid laws that are only enforced when cops have nothing else to do.

Thanks Chava, I going to hire you as a lawyer k, lol.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I got a question thats a little off topic but still related. I got a no front plate ticket on my beater CRX thats bone stock about 2 weeks ago. Well anyways, its my fault for not having front plate anyways. But a couple of days later i left it on my dash and i had a packet of ranch on it. well next afternoon, the ranch popped all over it and now my ticket is transparent, like all the oils soaked into the paper. So WTF do i do now? its not like a cop gonna sign off a ticket that he cant read, so what should i do? Its pretty funny and annoying at the same time.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea my car was ticketed while parked at LAX.. curse them! I just paid the fine $25 no biggie... just thought it was odd getting that as a parking violation

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Yeah I guess you guys are right. Its one of those stupid laws that are only enforced when cops have nothing else to do.

Thanks Chava, I going to hire you as a lawyer k, lol.
LOL

I only know because I got two no front plate tickets same night. One while parked in front of a house and another driving in a parking lot. I hate SFPD. The $10 fix it ticket became a $125 ticket, because my check didn't clear in time. So I got an extra $115 that's hard to fight.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I got a question thats a little off topic but still related. I got a no front plate ticket on my beater CRX thats bone stock about 2 weeks ago. Well anyways, its my fault for not having front plate anyways. But a couple of days later i left it on my dash and i had a packet of ranch on it. well next afternoon, the ranch popped all over it and now my ticket is transparent, like all the oils soaked into the paper. So WTF do i do now? its not like a cop gonna sign off a ticket that he cant read, so what should i do? Its pretty funny and annoying at the same time.
:lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeahh I guess they can do that now. I woke up early one morning to a ticket on my windshield for expired tags on my SC. Then later on someone had told me that a cop was at my house early that morning.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts