Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was signing one of those petition things outside a store today and I remarked smartass-like that we really need one to get rid of the front plate...

the guy smiled and said there's one running around but he didn't know anything about it..

how can i find one and sign it!

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
It is WA Initiative 908. Scroll down half way on this page. You can request a petition from the legislature main office and they will send you one to sign and collect signatures. You can contact the office of Sam Reed too. He is sponsoring it.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/initiatives.aspx?year=2005

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Goldfinger911 said:
It is WA Initiative 908. Scroll down half way on this page. You can request a petition from the legislature main office and they will send you one to sign and collect signatures. You can contact the office of Sam Reed too. He is sponsoring it.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/initiatives.aspx?year=2005

hey man, thanks!

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/...s/Initiative To The People/INITIATIVE 908.htm

that is a SHIT LOAD of text for something as simple as 'no front plate required'

I'm thinking about being one of those goofballs sitting outside stores asking people to sign!!!

Edit: Just so I understand 100% an initiative is something that people can petition to be on a ballot? And if there's not x amount of signatures then the initiative will fail and not make it to the ballot?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very cool, wish I lived in washington. I'd definately sign it.

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
It is pointless signing one of those petitions. One of these petitions gets posted 1-2 times a year on here and it never gets passed.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Although I agree with you Craig that it hasn't worked to date, its gaining popularity, and its pretty cool to actually see grassroot political people at work. Maybe one day enough people will start questioning it, and it will go through. In any event I'm in Oregon...so I'm toast either way. I haven't seen an OR petition like that. Guess I'll just have to be a law breaker when it comes to the front plate issue. Usually its just an excuse to pull you over..not why they pulled you over, so a front plate is the least of my worries.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Dont you guys want everyone else to have front plates though? What is the harm to have a front plate on your beater car? I dont run a front plate, since i go through alot of street cameras... but i have never gotten asked about it and i get pulled over quite a bit... tonight even.

But i want more and more people to have them, like the guy who ran me off the road tonight because he apparently doesnt understand that he cant come into my lane while we are in the middle of a turn...

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Craig King said:
It is pointless signing one of those petitions. One of these petitions gets posted 1-2 times a year on here and it never gets passed.

yeah, after a little bit of research i've found that its been going on for a few years :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just got a ticket last week on Ruston way in Tacoma for no front license plate.
I had taken mine off for being on the track and just did not put it back on.
So fracking Tacoma police decide to pull me over on Ruston way in an area where there is no shoulders or parking lot entrances. Fracking prick. We ended up blocking traffic for ten minutes while he wrote me a ticket. All on a friday night with lots of traffic.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
I was in Seattle at Temple Billiards, parked in a metered spot. I let the meter expire by about 30 minutes. When I got back to my car (my Supra with no front plate) I had a parking ticket for the parking violation AND a fricken no-front-plate ticket. Both issued by the same Meter-Maid! So, the plate went back on. :(

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I tell them the bolt is busted and I can't put the plate on. Haven't gotten a ticket yet.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Being pulled over for a front plate is rediculous. However, when I have been pulled over, not once did the officer go infront of my car. Gotta love the hood of the mkiii.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts