Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay been jacking around with my cars idle and stumble upon accel issue and ordered a new pressure regulator gauge thinking the gauge broke.

When I installed it, the regulator reads 10psi at idle and I cant accelerate because the car stumbles on itself. So I start disconecting lines to find out the lines that are -8s have fuel, the end of the fuel rail has fuel, BUT THE RETURN (comming out of the regulator) HAS NO FUEL COMMING OUT OF IT. So once it all hits the regulator the fuel stops flowing return.

So is my regulator bad? Are my pumps not pumping enough fuel? Here is the video I made of me priming the car twice. The lines you see are the -8s that go to a -10 into the fuel rail, is this enough pressure to start with? There are 2 Bosch 044's in my tank

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwRmxC_FyT0

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Definitely not your regulator, your pressure would be sky high if the regulator isn't returning any fuel. I would start by checking the pumps in the tank to see if a line or something is ruptured or leaking, it could be your pumps if you dont find anything wrong with the in tank lines.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
is that your fuel supply going to the rail or is that the actual return in the vid?

·
basupra's worst nightmare
1,267 Posts
Check the hose in the fuel tank and make sure all connections within the tank are good. You could have a cracked line. This wouldn't show in your video because there is no resistance to the flow. Once you hook the system up, fuel is going to take the path of least resistance, and if you have a cracked or busted line, it's going to just flow out of there instead of going all the way through the lines/regulator and back to the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts