Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the car was getting fuel wen you had a plug out and you cranked the car over you would smell it strongly cus i crancked the car and i had my nose up to the plug hole and barely smelled it

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
It in reality it could. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? :nono: Regardless, removing the filter and engaging the fuel pump will be a simple way to determine if you have another problem.

Actually to accurate advice you will need to better explain your problem. :1poke:

it couldnt be that cus i had the car running 4 hours before i went to start it again.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i had the car running and i was cleaning up my harness by the ecu cus my obd2 port wast working. well i put everything back mad sure all no connections are good. i checked all my fuses and they are good. i had the car running 4 hours before this. i tried 2 ecus. the car cranks and has spark.

·
Banned
28 Posts
well first you need to check and see if your fuel pump is working after that you need to check and see if your fuel filter is clogged after that see if your fuel pressure regulator is working and then after that why your fuel injectors arent firing. (electrical oviously)

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
check for 9 volts at the pump (unless you did the 12v mod), if you have voltage but the pump is not running most likely the pump is seized. if there is no voltage, trace is back to the battery and find out where the open is. check voltage at the fuse, if you have voltage there its somewhere in the wiring between the fuse and the pump.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k well i lost my volts metter haha well i took the lid off the fuel pump and i turned the key and i dont think i herd anything but would it sound clear as day or do i really have to listen for it im going tomorrow to see if i can get a volts meter but im just trying to get some hints

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
Weird as this sounds, try checking the connections to the fuel pump ECU. I had a similar problem one time and I believe I had an issue with a connection. If that doesn’t work try performing the 12-volt fuel pump modification. This will bypass the fuel pump ECU. At least you can eliminate that from consideration.

MkIV.com is your friend! Link:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/12v_mod/12v_mod.htm

I believe you have a loose connection. :)

Good luck!

David

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does the 2 wires running from the ecu the green and purple/white going to the fuel pump get voltage cus im not reading anything from them

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
so your fp def isnt on , correct ? if you have stock fuel system ,there should be a small valve-like thing on the rail that you could check fuel pres. at

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
First verify that fuel is your problem:
-Pull your intercooler pipe off the throttle body and spray starting fluid in there... replace intercooler pipe and attempt to start car. If she stumbles over then fuel is your problem... if you still have a no fire condition then start looking for another problem

Best way to check it the fuel pump is on:
-take fuel pump out of the tank and connect the harness to it. turn key into ACC position. youll know right away if its turning on or not

Most likely problem:
-You were fuckin with your harness and you fucked something up... undo whatever you did... Best solution is not to fuck with anyting again

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got it to start i did te bypass with the 12v modd but the car still is running bad wit a problem i havent fixed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts