Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have avoided the boards for a while now, but its time to come back,well, I totoled the mkiv, it hurts so much to say. The day before I was moving down I was on the highway on my way home and spun the tires at like 60 mph, then proceeded to go through a highway sign sideways, anyway the car is beyond totaled. Cold day, single turbo, punching the gas= dead supra. I havent wanted to have anything to do with a supra for a while, everytime I see an mkiv on the highway in south fl, welll it hurts. Anyway, I just bought a 2004 350z, it is nothing like the supra, but definitely a great car to drive. It would still be nice to hang with you local mkiv guys when you get together, i still have the supra in my heart :) Anyway, much props to whoever has a silver supra with HRE's, I saw it in southbeach a month or so ago around collins ave, one of the most beautiful supras I have ever seen.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really have to change my screen name now, ah well.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MKIV4Door said:
Anyway, much props to whoever has a silver supra with HRE's, I saw it in southbeach a month or so ago around collins ave, one of the most beautiful supras I have ever seen.

hmmm....that would be Ron.....Silver Supra on South Beach w/ HRE's......was it close to the gay nude beach ??.....bwuhahahahahaha JK !!!

Ron's car is prob the finest example you will find in the S. Fl area......his attention to detail is beyond anal.....it is just ridiculous.....lol :stickpoke

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
thats what it looks like is happening to me, since my car was totalled i think im just getting a 350z for now until i have a real income then get whatever i want

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
G35 > 350z

Sorry about your car, what do u want ur new username to be?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
94Silver said:
G35 > 350z

I dont know, i havent had to think about a screen name in years, I have always beeen a 2jz owner, I may have to sit on it for a while.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99YellowStang said:
thats what it looks like is happening to me, since my car was totalled i think im just getting a 350z for now until i have a real income then get whatever i want
Yea, I love the supra but getting another 20000+ loan for a 10 year old car with no warranty is something I cant risk right now. Its one of the reasons I am in the position I am in right now, the value of a supra will never be reembered by an insurance company. So far so good though, the 350z is by far one of the best handling vehicles I have ever driven, great N/A motor as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
94Silver said:
G35 > 350z

I think 305350z would be a suitable name, can you change it for me?

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tragedy....at least you are alright and perhaps in the future will be able to get another one..

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
wtf? how much did they give you for it?.... I thought you were supposed to get market value for your car... not KBB.

That's what I've read in other threads .... *shrugs*

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
MKIV4Door said:
Hey guys, I have avoided the boards for a while now, but its time to come back,well, I totoled the mkiv, it hurts so much to say. The day before I was moving down I was on the highway on my way home and spun the tires at like 60 mph, then proceeded to go through a highway sign sideways, anyway the car is beyond totaled. Cold day, single turbo, punching the gas= dead supra. I havent wanted to have anything to do with a supra for a while, everytime I see an mkiv on the highway in south fl, welll it hurts. Anyway, I just bought a 2004 350z, it is nothing like the supra, but definitely a great car to drive. It would still be nice to hang with you local mkiv guys when you get together, i still have the supra in my heart :) Anyway, much props to whoever has a silver supra with HRE's, I saw it in southbeach a month or so ago around collins ave, one of the most beautiful supras I have ever seen.
Sounds like you saw Ron's car. His is completely badass.

Sorry to hear of the loss. Enjoy the 350Z.

Adam

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I bought and sold 2 Supra's. A white 95 NA, and a green 97 TT. I regretted selling them. It go so bad when I found a CLEAN 98 quicksilver, on autotrader I jumped on a plane and flew to Texas from Orlando. Drove it back. 350Z's are so common already. I have tried to like them but the MKIV Supra is still the holy grail of imports. The NA is much lighter and quicker off the line over the TT turbo lag. Of course it dies off where the turbo takes off. I'm more into looks than speed now. Too many unmarked cop cars AND trucks in O'town.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to burst you bubble but it has affected the 04 and 05 models. Read Zcar.com and my350z.com. Nissan will only acknowledge the problem on the '03s. Since there was no change in the suspension of this vehicle after the '03 model, the problem continues.

·
Sold Mine :(
1,024 Posts
Go with the G35. I have driven both and they dont compare. G35 rides and sounds 20x nice and is much much more luxiours inside.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My old supra!!!!!!!!

Dammit aldo, that sucks. Glad to hear you're ok though dude.
Any pics from the accident or after?

·
43 Posts
carmel300zx said:
Sorry to burst you bubble but it has affected the 04 and 05 models. Read Zcar.com and my350z.com. Nissan will only acknowledge the problem on the '03s. Since there was no change in the suspension of this vehicle after the '03 model, the problem continues.
Ah well. My '04.5 has 10k miles on it and the tires are perfect. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wish you the best of luck with the car. I have a 1994 300ZX and I absolutely love it. I love the Supra too, but would take too much of a loss selling my Z for a Supra

1 - 20 of 28 Posts