Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO MORE BACK SEATS!!! updated!!!!

For those of you who have ever had anybody try to sit in your back seat, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR THEM!!! so while i was waiting for my clutch to come in i decided to take out the rear seats. i saw a long time ago a cobra with no rear seats and a box to make it look good. so i tried to do the same thing. took out the rear seats and seat belts and custom fit a box with full supports and fully bolted down to the car, so i could still put stuff back there. i made it out of a light weight birch wood. it weighs about 10lbs lighter than the seats. these pics are without the carpet on the box. im putting carpet on it to match the interior. i will have more pics when im done. dont know if yall will like it but i do. check it out. click on the pics to make them bigger.

after i removed the seats

with the new box

UPDATED PICS ON POST 24!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with you on the lack of space in the back. I think this is a great idea, and very practical. haha, even my little brothers have trouble squeezing into the backseats in my supra.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
nice setup i'd do that but sometimes the back seats come in handie. :)

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hah, i just GOT back seats... and im so happy :)

i bought my supra w/o them and had no rear seats till last night !!!! :)

The box looks great though nice work.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I never had issues with fitting people in my back seat? :dunno: I think I'll keep them. I'd rather have them than save a few pounds.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as soon as i get the carpet i will take more pics. i am in the process of drawing up the exact dimensions.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright man, putfile is being ggay as hell and wont let me upload the dimensions. so if you want the dimensions for it. hit me up with a pm with your email and i will send them to you. thanks

·
Piyaud-Baka
201 Posts
nice job, I always wanted to do something like that, but everytime i would start something would come up with the need of my back seats, so i just gave up and got rid of my passenger seat ^_^

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
The backseats weigh probably all of 10lbs. Not worth taking out if you think your car is going to be faster.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Dachande said:
The backseats weigh probably all of 10lbs. Not worth taking out if you think your car is going to be faster.
30lbs actually. i took mine out. thanks for the advice tho.

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
It's funny how the Mk3 is so much bigger and heavier than the Mk2 but has so much less rear seat and cargo space!

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
I did the same thing but I ripped out the box I made with MDF and will be making either a sheet metal(22ga) or aluminum(18ga) "box" with 2 storage compartments to keep stuff in.

Pics will be posted as soon as my car is running and I finish the box.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
dbsupra said:
So did I and put them back in. I don't remember them weighing 30lbs, maybe you had a bunch of mice corpses inside them? :bigthumb:

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
dbsupra said:

30 ?! .... no more than 15 and thats ballparkin it!.... the rear seats are light the drive seat.... now THATS the rear pig!.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
30 ?! .... no more than 15 and thats ballparkin it!.... the rear seats are light the drive seat.... now THATS the rear pig!.
im talking the whole deal. brackets, belts and all.

edit- if you take out the sound damper stuff under the seat it all comes up to 44lbs. i just double checked w/ the weight index to make sure i wasnt insane.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts