Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lurker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped a fresh 7mgte into my 85 markII. I put a remote oil filter on it and I put a new oil pump in after cutting and rewelding the pickup tube so the sump is in the front now like the 5mge.
When I did the swap a couple weekends ago, I accidently broke the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm and while I was testing my fuelpump and new lines it poured a lot of gas in which ended up in the oilpan and sat there for couple of weeks - I noticed it today when I got her fired up for the first time.
I have no oil pressure - the gauge appears to be okay because the needle will deflect when I touch the sender wire to ground for a sec. I pulled the sender and put on my mechanical oilpressure gauge - no pressure.
That's when I noticed my oil is thin and runny and smells of gas, so I drained it and put in fresh oil. I have mounted a remote oilfilter in the car when I did the swap. When I dropped the filter just now it had gas in it too. I turned the engine over with the filter off and oil poured out of the remote so it appears my oil pump is pumping.
With fresh oil in it there is still no pressure reading. Now I am thinking that the gas in the oil didn't have anything to do with it and maybe the remote filter does have something to do with no pressure at the sender location?
Search is not working - don't know if it's my computer or the forum - I just get blank pages when I tried search. Anyone know if a remote oil filter could cause me to lose pressure at the sender? Any ideas for me?
I have another sender from a 7mge sitting here and I will try that next.

·
Registered
696 Posts
check wire on the sender mounted on the block.... is the car running? cuz it would probly take a little bit for the pressure to go through the relocation system. thats my 2 cents

·
Lurker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixed! swapped the 2 lines for the remote oil filter and suddenly voila! oilpressure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts