Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was readin no oil pressure on my factory gauge so i thought it might be the oil pressure sendin unit. so i replaced it with stock n/a unit that worked when i had my n/a motor. but when i took out the stock turbo oil pressure unit the tip was dry .no oil on or in it at all but im still gettin oil to the head,turbo,ect and no oil knows at at all.do you think it could be that the oil vain is clogged? if so how can i clean it out? or what could it be?( oil gauge works but the oil pressure sending unit was dry on the tip were it would read oil pressure)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
danm f-it looks like the engines coming out and back to the place i got it at still have the warrenty.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
slap a fitting on the guage and apply some pressure (uninstalled of course). If it reads on the cluster then the block passage may be clogged. Hell, just remove the sending unit and crank it over, see if any oil comes out.

Christian

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have done that and no oil came out. but i talked to my gramp and me and him are hookin it up to a thing in his shop to clear all the oil passages.

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
If the engine still runs after 5min's of idleing, then the oiling system is functioning ;)
Then, you should direct you attention to the oil pressure metering system: sending unit, wire harness, cluster oil pressure gauge, etc..
FYI, I've had 2 stock pressure gauges fail on me. The one present in my gauge cluster isn't working either, but now I have a more trustworthy aftermarket electric gauge. The stocker is a POS MHO :)

HTH

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
BlackDevilSupra said:
If the engine still runs after 5min's of idleing, then the oiling system is functioning ;)
Then, you should direct you attention to the oil pressure metering system: sending unit, wire harness, cluster oil pressure gauge, etc..
FYI, I've had 2 stock pressure gauges fail on me. The one present in my gauge cluster isn't working either, but now I have a more trustworthy aftermarket electric gauge. The stocker is a POS MHO :)

HTH
agreed with devil
it is highly inaccurate

What meter are you using devil?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the prob isnt the meter its that there is no oil gettin to the meter. i pulled it out and the tip was bone dry. im gonna clean it out this weekend tho. thnx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts