Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving last night and seen what looked like a badness car. once he got next to me I realize its an r8. I go about half throttle to catch up and be able to hear the turbo. car in front of me so I slow down. he then gets on it as he passes by. then get next to him and he exits. no one ever wants to race....

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,404 Posts
May or May not have to do with getting your car taken away and big fines if caught by law enforcement. Just saying... But non the less good attempt!

·
Banned
133 Posts
well most cars i see are all show no go.. unless u want to run vs a rice. i mean honda. but who want that on their kill record
penalty for street racing is harsh. i wouldnt want my supra in jail.:D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Supras have a reputation for having 1xxx hp + .. Why would a guy with an R8 that just spent a 100k risk to get smoked by a Toyota?

Our cars have this fear factor of being ridiculously fast and most of ours are. I get stopped by people just to ask me how much HP it has.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,399 Posts
Supras have a reputation for having 1xxx hp + .. Why would a guy with an R8 that just spent a 100k risk to get smoked by a Toyota?

Our cars have this fear factor of being ridiculously fast and most of ours are. I get stopped by people just to ask me how much HP it has.
this pretty much sums it up. lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lol. That sounds about right. My city is very small and most people dont know what it is. The ones that do always ask 1.) is it turbo? 2.) how much HP?
Mine is only 460whp but i still tell them "its rated at 320 stock". They dont need to know anymore lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Get off of your ego's guys I don't think that's the case at all street racing is just ridiculous. Plus everyone knows now that the GTR is top dog. The guy in the R8 probably just thinks it's some toyota and could care less. At a car show my car gets walked by at the sight of a modded FR-S/BRZ or GTR. The Supra has turned into the AE86 it's a great car but most don't know what it is or care much about it.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Thats what happens when they flood the market with rat bag RHD mkiv's. I see 10 a day now.
Get off of your ego's guys I don't think that's the case at all street racing is just ridiculous. Plus everyone knows now that the GTR is top dog. The guy in the R8 probably just thinks it's some toyota and could care less. At a car show my car gets walked by at the sight of a modded FR-S/BRZ or GTR. The Supra has turned into the AE86 it's a great car but most don't know what it is or care much about it.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Thats what happens when they flood the market with rat bag RHD mkiv's. I see 10 a day now.

Here in the US, I see about 1 MKIV a year or so, and they generally are respected as being fast. I'm not sure how you guys do things in Canada, but I did get to run a R8 once, I was still BPU, he wanted to run me, and I beat him twice. I seen him later that evening, and he wanted to run again, and I beat him again as well. This was 3+ years ago, but single turbo supra's don't sound like they are nothing to take lightly....... I can pull into any cars and coffee littered with all types of exotics, and as soon as I park, my car is absolutely surrounded to the point that I can't walk away from it until I have satisfied everyone's demands, questions, etc grrrr. That really doesn't happen with anything else pulling in, unless its really really out there in left field.

·
-Question Conjecture-
3,030 Posts
I live in a highly populated Supra city. I took a pic of a pic a while back without this guy even realising it. This guy said he lives in my city and hardly ever see's one. He didn't believe me when I told him I owned the car.....then I gave him the key and told him to go sit inside and start it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Don't compare Supras in Canada to Supras in the U.S. And as far as street racing, I can't say I'd pass up a little fun on the highway if I had the chance. But i rarely take the Supra out and when I do, there's almost never any worthwhile cars in my area. It does get a ton of attention though wherever I park, like every other mk4

·
NY56637
1,814 Posts
Bottom line is that the Supra is a wild card. You might get a slower N/A or you might get a 1khp record breaking turbo beast. that being said, most people aren't willing to find out. I find that most of the people who see my MKIV just get stoked that they are seeing one in the wild.

·
Registered
60 Posts
where I live you hardly ever see any cars that are worth a second look. My town is filled with poor college kids with zero knowledge of cars.... :(

1 - 20 of 95 Posts