Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have supra's I like them. But if you think that it's accepted in other car communites or the average person as an R8 you have another thing coming which is the point of this whole thread. I'm sorry but the only place Supra's are ridiculously high priced are in North America. The supra an awesome car but it's nowhere near the be all end all of sports cars. But of course this is a specific forum so no one on here can credit any other car in the history of sports cars because you're as close minded as someone that thinks a a fox body mustang is the greatest car ever created or thinking their 600whp civic is the best thing since sliced bread. To each their own but to discredit every other car on the planet is ridiculous. One could make the claim that the MX5 is the best car every made heck it's more raced than any other chassis in the world. Especially in America.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I took my MkIV out a couple of weeks back and I got everything from thumbs up to people trying to talk to me at traffic lights! Granted we don't have but just a couple of Supras in my town which makes it somewhat of a rarity but the lines and look of the MkIV will be timeless dozens of years from now. Most every time I take it out I'll have folks attempt to challenge me and for the most part, I just play around little.

Funny how misterjdm shows a picture of a blue MkIV for with the 2009 date stamp. As far as a Canadian MkIV's if they are a dime a dozen in people discount is being just another rice wagon than the examples he's talking about must be a bunch of junked out pigs that haven't been properly taken care of.

BD
What's funny about me having a picture stamped 2009? I never said they were a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow. This guy... Lol. There are so many enthusiasts on here, so many with other performance cars, etc. You're the one that can't get it through your head that the Supra is one of the top dawgs. Nobody can deny that. And the fact that they're demanding a high dollar just proves that they're rare, in demand, and sought after. You my friend are an idiot. End thread

·
Registered
699 Posts
There is a reasoning these cars are still in such high demand. I've got stories upon stories of instances of people wanting to get a closer look and talk about the car and I've only owned it less than 2 years. Never once have I had a negative experience with anyone who's inquired about this car... The only time I've had laughs is when I was on the stock wheels...more so just my friends giving me shit about them. :D However, even then, that car still got more attention than I'd really want to deal with!

I've had an oncoming driver of a car whip a 180 on a 4 lane road just to catch up to me and talk about the supra. I've had people who were 2 cars behind me, literally get out of their car at a stop light and come up to my window asking questions and seeing if they could take pictures. I've witnessed/watched people stare at my car, while noticing them from inside a restaurant...then come inside said restaurant and ask around who's car that was. Then, actually wait until i was finished eating (another 30+ minutes) just to hear the car start up when I was going to leave...

This car is by far not the "end all be all" of sports cars, as we're witnessing a whole new league of cars that can be modified to insane lengths and still maintain street-ability.

However, that being said, there is something special about this car, hence why the prices are seeming to slowly rise back up again. I've experienced nothing but positivity and trust me, I can't even count the number of times I've had "encounters" like these. I can't even imagine how much more attention this stock bodied beauty will bring with the new wheel/tire setup! :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
^ Why

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a 12 second Mk1 mr2 and I could hardly ever get races on the street, in the year of owning it I raced a C6 Z06 SC (6psi) and some random idiots who had no clue.

I sell the mr2(s) and get a 1995 Supra SE and every corvette, mustang, g8, eclipse, honda, etc rev's, spins and tries to line up to me with my family in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a pretty large Supra community in NNJ. Beautiful cars, I will always try to run one if the time is opportune :) Nothing beats the sound of them once they go single, that's for sure! Come the Pocono events all types of 2JZ sexiness comes out to play.

·
Registered
200 Posts
^ yes but you cannot tell whether a car has 400whp, 700whp, or 1,000whp+ just by looking at it. Prime example is the Supra. I always assume they have around 700whp as that's what the stock block can handle. But sometimes they're far less and sometimes far more.

And your other Canadian pal says that Supras are everywhere there so that's what people were responding to
Very true! Can't judge a supra by its cover. Lol.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
nvm can't embed the video

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
What's funny is my wife used to think the supra wasn't actually a well known car, she thought it was just me making a big deal out of it lol. Of course all those thoughts washed away when we pulled into Vegas Speedway with 150+ other supras from acros the country :D Every now and then we go for a drive, and she is still shocked people honk to give me a thumbs up or try to get me to race them lol. That canadian bacon can go fuck himself, Supras will always be top dog.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The water in Toronto must be tainted, amazed you guys waste so much time on a person like jdm.

No racing problems in our town. I can't so much as drive my stupid car around the block without somebody trying to race. Gets old.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Misterjdm making us from Toronto look bad. Despite what he thinks, Supra's still hold a high place here.
He's right saying Skylines have become really popular, however they are by no means in the same grouping as half the Supras in Toronto. Skylines absolutely aren't "the feared import" as he put it. Big number Skylines(r34,33,32).... not sure I have ever seen one. I know many Supra owners personally that are all pushing way more then I am.
Supras are iconic, the have timeless lines, they make power easy, overall an extremely well built car from the 90's. In Ontario they grab attention the same as any other place. All the thumbs up, questions and general intrigue from people is pretty crazy.

We don't have the TTG's or Alpha# GTR's up here. I have seen one or two 600-800hp GTR's. So with the lack of competition that puts a 1000+ HP Supra in fairly high category here.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
^ Well put. Awesome car too btw

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like Supra's and everything and it's funny how you can not have an opinion about anything even though I've owned and sold supra left right and center in Toronto.

My most recent sale.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...994-Ren-red-Supra-6-speed-original-twin-turbo

I'm entitlted to my opinion and I speak for the general public. It's a Toyota not everyone creams in their pants about it. It has a cult following but mostly just big HP numbers and barely any people track a Supra in the north. RX7's, STI's, S2000 and EVO's mostly. I'm just telling it like it is.

I'm not a troll. I like the lines and the 2JZ and V160 given their indestructable and I'll probably always shuffle my cars with a Supra in rotation. It's intangible I cant' even really say why. Their not very engaging as far as driving experience is concerned. Has anyone ever driven an M3, RX7 or S2000? You'll know what I mean. I find when I don't get caught up in the numbers I like different cars. But it's fun to go fast so even a BPU Supra is nice from time to time. I don't need 1000hp because going fast in a straight line doesn't do anything for me anymore.

It's inconic in this import tuning world but there's a reason why cars like a E30 M3, Porsche 930, 964 and 993's are skyrocketing in resale value and these cars are just staying stagnent. There's nothing special about the Supra or engaging about it. No automotive history behind it. The NSX, GTR and RX7 are probably the only three cars to come from Japan that have a title of truly being unique. The NSX was the first to do a lot of things and the RX7 is rotary powered. The GTR was a technological marvel. That's my two cents take it or leave it. I don't care either way. I love Supra's too but i can call a spade a spade.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
^ Go kill yourself. For multiple reasons, troll. Your grammar is terrible for one. For two you must have a dildo in your ass and be numb to say that a Supra is not engaging. You contradict yourself left and riight and your words come straight from your dildo infused ass. I've driven plenty of cars (Lambo Gallardo, e92 M3 w/dct, FBO Evo X, Evo 8, C6 Z06, GTR (stock), LS swapped 240sx, R33 Skyline, + probably 10 more. The Supra is ONE OF THE MOST ENGAGING, if not THE most. Jesus, let me quote you for a second, "Staying stagnant"... "Nothing special about the Supra"..."No automotive history".... "Not unique"... And I saved the best for last: "I love Supras" LOL do you even read what you write? You know, I wish that I could control myself from even replying to your idiotic post but I have this instinctual impulse to try to make ridiculously stupid people like yourself understand just how dumb they are. When you graduate high school in a couple years, come back to this thread and apologize to everyone for all the nonsense you shit out. I'll look forward to that

·
Registered
124 Posts
^ Go kill yourself. For multiple reasons, troll. Your grammar is terrible for one. For two you must have a dildo in your ass and be numb to say that a Supra is not engaging. You contradict yourself left and riight and your words come straight from your dildo infused ass. I've driven plenty of cars (Lambo Gallardo, e92 M3 w/dct, FBO Evo X, Evo 8, C6 Z06, GTR (stock), LS swapped 240sx, R33 Skyline, + probably 10 more. The Supra is ONE OF THE MOST ENGAGING, if not THE most. Jesus, let me quote you for a second, "Staying stagnant"... "Nothing special about the Supra"..."No automotive history".... "Not unique"... And I saved the best for last: "I love Supras" LOL do you even read what you write? You know, I wish that I could control myself from even replying to your idiotic post but I have this instinctual impulse to try to make ridiculously stupid people like yourself understand just how dumb they are. When you graduate high school in a couple years, come back to this thread and apologize to everyone for all the nonsense you shit out. I'll look forward to that

I love you too honey.

Just because it doesn't have any of those characteristics doesn't mean I can't like it.

Stop getting your panties all bunched up. I didn't realise this was grammar class.

And it's not engaging I know how to drive and I know what a proper steering rack feels like lock to lock on the supra is ridiculous. Go into the road racing section for guys that actually drive their Supra's through things called corners and you'll figure out quickly what I mean.

Yes it is staying stagnant in value. Numbers don't lie.

Try owning a different car you'll see there's other great sports cars out there. You don't even own a Supra anymore.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts