Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have longer Moroso Wheel Studs because I could only get about 5 turns on the stock studs after getting my Volk LE37's. I replaced the front ones relatively easily, but I can't get the stud in from behind without removing the hub. I tried to get the hub out, but without any luck - so I took it to a tire shop, and they got about as far as I did and said "Take it to Toyota"...

I called 2 Toyota dealers and the both said they won't do anything that isn't stock. Then maybe you should have put some longer f'n studs in the sports car in the first place :mad:

I am about to drill a hole in the dust cover on the rear wheels to slide the studs in from behind - unless someone has a better idea soon...

M

·
0 Posts
Frankenstein said:
I have longer Moroso Wheel Studs because I could only get about 5 turns on the stock studs after getting my Volk LE37's. I replaced the front ones relatively easily, but I can't get the stud in from behind without removing the hub. I tried to get the hub out, but without any luck - so I took it to a tire shop, and they got about as far as I did and said "Take it to Toyota"...

I called 2 Toyota dealers and the both said they won't do anything that isn't stock. Then maybe you should have put some longer f'n studs in the sports car in the first place :mad:

I am about to drill a hole in the dust cover on the rear wheels to slide the studs in from behind - unless someone has a better idea soon...
Just drill a hole on dust cover, and do it yourself.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just about to drill the hole, then I realized that the Moroso studs are a little longer than I need, so I cut them shorter - just short enough to get into the hole, and still long enough to get the new lugs all the way on.

Toyota as a manufacturer is great, but screw their service departments (Jeff Watson and Curt excluded :) )!!!!!

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For everyone that hasn't had the need or opportunity - Curt has been super helpful in my NA-T conversion, and I suspect has helped a lot of other members.

It is a shame more Toyota dealers/service depts aren't more familiar with Supras. The ones I talked to said "You shouldn't run bigger tires on the rear because it creates more differential stress" Um, yeah, so does spinning your tires in 3rd gear, dumbass...

Thanks again Curt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts