Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 turbo 5 spd. my friends car just died while driving it and now there is no power at all. not even with new battery. no lights, nothin. any ideas?
thanks for you time

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but even with the key turned to on or acc there is no power. it is like the battery is unhooked. if the starter was bad i should still have power right?

·
Registered
311 Posts
house_of_senate said:
but even with the key turned to on or acc there is no power. it is like the battery is unhooked. if the starter was bad i should still have power right?
yeah, have you inspected the battery terminals/wires?

·
7M Love
735 Posts
I think there might be a fusable link somewhere near the battery on one of the main leads. I had the same thing happen to me a while back, it turned out to be an old broken wire inside the rubber casing of the ground (the actual metal strands had pulled apart inside the insulation). I ran a new ground and everything went well.

You might check the main fuse and others to make sure everything is ok.

If it isn't a fuse, get a volt-meter and test the continuity from the negative terminal hookup to a ground on the car. Test the positive feed as well. Start from the power source and start working your way out.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
My fuseable length for my alternator snapped off, replaced it with a fuse :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will go check all of these things in a couple hours when he gets home. ill let you guys know how it turns out. thanks for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts