Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help. I'm at a Shogun parking lot where a ton of cars hang out waiting for races. Well a guy in a Corvette Z06 offered a run so I said ok. We're on 295N going about 40mph and we both take off. I nearly have a car length ahead of him before he really starts catching up. In fifth gear the car felt like it wasn't going anywhere. The car was up to 5800-6000 rpms and I then shift to sixth wondering if that was going to help. NOT! Four times we raced and each time I took him but when I reached fifth/sixth gears again my car felt like there was no more power left in her. I was running 21-21.9psi, PEAK, with no intercooler. All the mods I have is listed below. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can do to really kill this guy in his Vette? BTW...I'M NO LONGER SELLING MY SUPRA!!! I am hooked on this racing shit.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My car sorta does that too right now. I'ts not nearly as dramatic. I am thinking it's the spark plugs. they go fast at bpu. Plus you might want to consider running slightly lower boost. 17-18.5 PSI. Yes higher boost feels always good initloally but it dies out. Computer retarding the timing out. Put 50% 100 octane Unleaded, 50% (highest pump value 92octane). Pull the Ecu plug and try it again. Personally if you don't try it I am reguardless. I'll have info if it's a successful or not. But 1st lower your boost. I've ran a friend who runs 22psi sometimes runs 25psi stock twins. Me and him are dead even. I am running 17-18psi

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bro. I was running 93 octane and don't know where to get racing fuel. It doesn't matter because I'm going to upgrade my twins to a single at the end of this month (Nov.). I'm just stuck between a PHR Stage 1 kit and an SP60 kit.

Z

·
0 Posts
could it be clutch slipping?

how do you know when the plugs are bad.?

thanx

Jonas

·
Registered
240 Posts
if a clutch is going out or something.... u will feel the car RPM going up faster but the car itself not going anywhere... and it will happen first starting in the higher gears then work its way down to the lower gears.... but it will prolly start at the higher gear where if you get on it lets say in fourth gear at about 4500 RPM... and it'll just kinda free rev without the car going faster... or rev faster then usual in fourth as if it was in third or second gear... though ur not picking up any speed or barely... good luck....

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLITZTT...that's exactly what's going on. Well I went ahead and ordered a new TRD Twin Disk Clutch from Totyota for only $1050. Thank goodness I have a buddy that works at Toyota that can get parts at cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts