Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really wierd, I've just suddenly have noticed i have no power till about 4 grand; I can hear the turbo spooling and just it's like step on it- no power, no power, no power, POWER, then it shifts(automatic) before i get really anything out of the little power band i have... If i'm fuel starving the motor will it do this? lemme tell you my set up...

480 cc race injectors
no upgraded fuel pump*
K&N air filter
Lexus afm
Ported intake manifold
Ported 3000 pipe
Port and polished head
5 angle job on head
Racing valves
Upgraded valve springs
Board 20 over
Teflon coated pistons
Racing forged pistons

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm beginning to think its a boost leak cause it spools up a lot but not a too much happens... could that or bad timing be it? and the transmission when it shifts is pretty firm so i think that rules that one out...

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
go over all of your intercooler pipes with a fine tooth comb... i am thinking along the lines of a boost leak... but this usually happens when you have retarded timing... but since your name suggests you have a 10 second supra im pretty sure you know how to adjust the timing correctly in the first place... (sarcasm)...

its a timing issue... check vacuum lines ... check cps alignment... hell check your timing belt to make sure it is all aligned properly...

also... i dont think youre an idiot... but double check the torque on your sparkplugs...

that is all

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna check over all of it today when i get a chance, first thing i'm gonna do is recheck the timing; from there onto intercooler piping... btw does anyone have a good piece of piping from the one that comes off of the turbo into the inter cooler, mine is getting cracked right were it connects to the turbo...

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
10secSupra said:
i'm gonna check over all of it today when i get a chance, first thing i'm gonna do is recheck the timing; from there onto intercooler piping... btw does anyone have a good piece of piping from the one that comes off of the turbo into the inter cooler, mine is getting cracked right were it connects to the turbo...
90 bucks from toyota... or 30 bucks by getting piping and 2 couplers... and then you have a hardpipe setup

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
_Pwr4all_ said:
what the hell is a 480 cc race injector?

a injector? stock is 440, so mine's a little bigger than sock... anyways moving on, yea i'll check timing....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well combination of too many things; knock sensor, water temp sensor, timing, timing belt was pretty loose, cam sensor was off a tooth, tps sensor, afm sensor, and boost leak. wow, i'm suprised it even ran, what a champ! btw anyone got a knock sensor connector??? fixed all exept knock sensor

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell yea it is, lol. I don't build something that won't be bomb proof just incase of me...

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i was going to say check your tranny line pressure cable, it hookes to the tb.. comes off the tranny make sure the crimp shows at full throttle..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone got that rod knock connector?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Poser bringing up still doesn't put a rod knock sensor connector in my hand, i really need one? any one got one??

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
my vote is timing... ECU is pulling timing then bam gives it and then it's time to shift... my ecu was doing that when I had some faulty knock sensor wires.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you have some rod knock sensor connectors?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts