Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if its possible to loop the return line and the pressure line together on the rack and run no power steering?

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have heard or people doing that, but i wanna remove the pump and the lines.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
I drove my car without power steering for a year because of a bad rack.

I fucking hated it. Last month I installed a new rack and I love driving my car again.

· Over 10 years on SF....
13,630 Posts
My fucking PS has a leak and I've avoided fixing it forever. Thinking about fixing it soon though but I'm not looking forward to it.

· Registered
57 Posts
ya u can remove it. if u want the steering to be a little easier find a small reservoir say off like a honda clutch reservoir then just find the fittings for the rack and just loop them threw the reservoir. ive done this on a couple cars and it helps alot. i can post pics of a setup i have made for another car if u like

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya u can remove it. if u want the steering to be a little easier find a small reservoir say off like a honda clutch reservoir then just find the fittings for the rack and just loop them threw the reservoir. ive done this on a couple cars and it helps alot. i can post pics of a setup i have made for another car if u like
yeah that would be great to see.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done it that way it works great. Just one thing. Get ready to pull hard when turning. It kinda sucks. GOod Luck

P.S: anything is possible with a mexican blowtorch!
You mean get ready to pull hard when your going slow to park and what not.

It really shouldnt make much difference at all when your moving above 15 km/h.

· Registered
57 Posts

here is one i made awhile ago.

i like using the clutch reservoir off a honda civic because they are small, easy to hide, and relatively easy to find. reservoir is at the top and the one hose off the tee will go to one port on the rack and then you take another hose off the other end of the tee to the other port on the rack. fill the reservoir with fluid, bleed the system a little and hide the reservoir. this helps and is better than just ripping out your power steering system. let me know if you have any questions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.