Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no power to fuel pump or diagnostic. I know I get power from efi main relay. Bench tested relay and I good. Checked resistance for ground and that is good. But voltage coming from the ECU is only putting out about 7 volts to the relay which isn’t enough to kick over the relay coil. Everything is stock. I did have to to the 12v mod to the fuel pump ECU about a year back. I literally back the car out of the garage to clean, a few hour later nothing. I’m leaning that the ECU my have just gone bad. Just not sure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm going through the same thing. Funny thing is I suspect I had the fuel pump ECU and the engine ECU go out at the same time. I bypassed the fuel pump ECU and got the pump going but suspect my engine ECU also went bad. Sent my engine ECU for repairs, once I get it back we will see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So random. I suspect ECU as I have other problems. Automatic trans that won’t go into overdrive. Checked solenoid in transmission, there good. Cruse control never worked since I bought it. That was 20 years ago. I’m guessing there all related. Just a shade tree mechanic so I’m looking for help with someone with knowledge of Supras.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well I opened my engine CPU and found one capacitor has leaked so I assume this may be the issue for me as the car ran the night before and went to start it in the morning and I didn't seem to be getting any fuel even after bypassing the fuel ECU.

You might want to open the ECU and look for a leaking capacitor. As these cars get old this is becoming a problem.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
503 Posts
Yeah I have read some articles recently about caps going bad.

One good thing about Toyota is that their parts are consistent.... wait for it... :) the good stuff really works well and the parts that go bad, go bad in almost a perfect curve! Seriously, my MK3 is reliable in what goes wrong and how.

In this case it appears you probably do have the same issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going through the same thing. Funny thing is I suspect I had the fuel pump ECU and the engine ECU go out at the same time. I bypassed the fuel pump ECU and got the pump going but suspect my engine ECU also went bad. Sent my engine ECU for repairs, once I get it back we will see.
Who did you send your ECU to get repaired? I’m looking for a good place.

·
Registered
146 Posts
horseforce, I sent the ECU to Relentless Motorsports LLC. We will see how it turns out. I will post results in this thread for future reference for others who may have these same issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate everyone’s input. I’m going to send in everything involved with engine control. ECU, cruse control, telltale light, and fuel pump ECU. It’s 25ys old and it all needs to be looked over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my ECU back today. Fixed EVERYTHING, except my fog lights🤷‍♂️
fuel pump is working, overdrive and cruse control. Recommend get ECU fixed if having similar problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
horseforce, I sent the ECU to Relentless Motorsports LLC. We will see how it turns out. I will post results in this thread for future reference for others who may have these same issues.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I too installed my Engine ECU that was repaired by Relentless Motorsports LLC. Car started right up. I highly recommend Relentless for ECU repairs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too installed my Engine ECU that was repaired by Relentless Motorsports LLC. Car started right up. I highly recommend Relentless for ECU repairs.
I sent it Module Experts. Sounds like both companies do good work. So happy to have a working cat again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts