Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 7mge and i have very little power if not any to the fuel injectors i do have power to my fuel pump what could be the problem just thow at me some ideas so i can get this thing up and running agian.

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
Is the car gettin spark is it getting fuel the injectors? is ur fuel pump good if you are gettin power to it. Is the afm good have u tested it?

If its an electrical problem. Where do u have power and where do u not have power. Does the ecu have power? Whats ur voltage reading at the fuel pump whats ur voltage at the injectors ? are they pulsing?

IS your car in proper ignition timing?

etc etc etc

Need to know a lil more about what is going on to help you here can you give us some more information to get a better idea of where to start helping you?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I just went through this last weekend.

Check for spark, if there is no spark, you might have an issue with the distributor.

If one of the pick-ups on the distributor is not working, your injectors will not fire and you will have no spark to the coil or ignitor.

THe FSM's I found on the forum do no list the pin out for the older model 7m distributors.

you have to check the ohms between the four pins.

If you have an older 86-88 the pins on the plug (attached to the distributor) will have two on top and two on bottom.

I will try to get a picture from my AllData into pdf form later on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is the car gettin spark is it getting fuel the injectors? is ur fuel pump good if you are gettin power to it. Is the afm good have u tested it?

If its an electrical problem. Where do u have power and where do u not have power. Does the ecu have power? Whats ur voltage reading at the fuel pump whats ur voltage at the injectors ? are they pulsing?

IS your car in proper ignition timing?

etc etc etc

Need to know a lil more about what is going on to help you here can you give us some more information to get a better idea of where to start helping you?
ok so heres whats all up i got sprak very good spark at that i checked all the fuse and relays all checked out good i have power to my efi fuse if that matters my fuel pressure is good and my cold start injector works the fuel pump kicks on onlycause i jumped the relay but otherwise i have no power to the relay. this all started cause i spun a bearing in my old motor and swaped it for a jdm motor i do not have the jdm ecu in it yet its on order but i did swap my old injectors, fuel rail, and pressure regulator from my old motor the ecu i got seems good i mean i pulled it apart to look for burnt spots and bad smells but it had none oh also you mentioned timing that is all correct and i dont know if this matters witch it shouldnt but i have no egr valve but it is all blocked of oh and i have checked the whole intake for vacuum leaks but had none hope this gives you enough info to go on for now thanks hope you can help. oh and there is no voltage to the injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went through this last weekend.

Check for spark, if there is no spark, you might have an issue with the distributor.

If one of the pick-ups on the distributor is not working, your injectors will not fire and you will have no spark to the coil or ignitor.

THe FSM's I found on the forum do no list the pin out for the older model 7m distributors.

you have to check the ohms between the four pins.

If you have an older 86-88 the pins on the plug (attached to the distributor) will have two on top and two on bottom.

I will try to get a picture from my AllData into pdf form later on.
thanks for the idea but it has spark and has good power from the coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts