Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have power to the engine fuses but no power inside.

issues are

no power to AEM EMS pin 1A=== 12v ing

no power on main cluster

11.57 V off ALT (changed ALT and Battery)

fuel pumps dont turn on because EMS has no power

NO ING, we bypassed it to get the car to start.

We just changed the motor, and everything in the engine bay was pulled out for paint. we had power for 10 minutes then everything just shut off. I was thinking a blown fuse but we have changed/ checked all fuese that we know about.

Any Idea welcome???

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
Check all of your grounds. You said that you just painted under the hood so you could have a bad ground.

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
Check all of your grounds. You said that you just painted under the hood so you could have a bad ground. also check all of the plugs from the engine bay fuse box to the inside of the car.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cleaned up all grounds

1. the 3 engine grounds I have
2. 2 body grounds by passanger and drivers fender

checked the two plugs on the main fuse box.

I dont have power to the two headlight fuses. Not to sure whats going on with that but my HID's dont work. Brights do!!!

· basupra's worst nightmare
1,349 Posts
The factory wiring has what appears to be about a 10 gauge short wire going from the battery to the bottom of the fuse box. That's the only place the fuse box gets power when the car is off. This wire connects to a stud that also connects to the alternator feed via the fuse.

I'd check in these places to see if you are actually getting power.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The factory wiring has what appears to be about a 10 gauge short wire going from the battery to the bottom of the fuse box. That's the only place the fuse box gets power when the car is off. This wire connects to a stud that also connects to the alternator feed via the fuse.

I'd check in these places to see if you are actually getting power.
Right, I am getting power to that fuse box but the power stops there.

Were going to swap relays like we did last night just to check one last time.

What wire takes power from the main fuse box to inside the car?

· Registered
285 Posts
I know you said you checked but take jumper cables and hook one end to the neg the other end to the tow hook. I just went through this exact deal. Checked triple checked still ended up being the negative wasnt getting good ground. Good luck

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dubble checked the fuses on the main box, all of them have 11volts except the two head light fuses.

I ran a few more grounds off the head but no luck.

the only grounds I had was when we first tryed to start the car was one off the block and one on the starter bolt. the main harness and a few wire all grounded at the same spot on the block. all ground were cleaned from paint so I know that they are good.

Why would the ALT not put out 14v when the plug going in has 12v and the fuse has 12v? there are three wires right there one is power one is a ground? and I the other a signal wire?

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shawn do you still not have any power to the interior fuse box? Have you traced back from there to the main box?

Also does the ecu have any power at all? or just on certain plugs?

Also you guys were killing me this week with suspense..........how did you like that drive to gulfport :(
Hey Mike,

the ECU has no power at all, so we hard wired it in off the battery( just to truble shoot)

No power what so ever the the fuse box under the drivers side kick pannel.

The drive to gulf port kicks ass!!! 6 hour drive to have the same problems :lame: however the guy Norm is a cool ass dude. I have never meet anyone who would let you have any part you ask for for free. Even if you did drive like two states over.

I may have to wait till monday and pull the wire digram up at work. My laptop wont read PDF files:scratch: Once I know what wire feeds power to that fuse box inside I can start to figure out if the harness is bad( cause I did cut some wires out) or if the fuse box my be bad?

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like the power to the fuse box under the left kick pannel comes from the ECU or off the body harness that contect to the main fuse box. Whats crazy is I have 12v at the 50a main fuse.

Maybe I poped a ground somewhere?

· Life begins @ 30psi....
3,004 Posts
Sean -

Still dealing with this?

Odd.

Bob

· Life begins @ 30psi....
3,004 Posts
yeah

I am really stumped on this one, all the fues and power sorces are good. I will start to check all the grounds tonight

I wish I had the time to help, I know I could figure it out with a little tinkering. At this point I would remove the entire harness(s) from the car and then resintall them again making sure that you do not miss anything dude. I have realy strange feeling it is really something small that is causing this.

Bob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.