Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm really close on giving up on my supra. It's been three days i have checked everything and I don't know why my car doesn't get spark. It grounds fine and it powers good. The igniter has power and it grounds fine too. Everything else is connected except the knock sensor behind the starter. I try to jump the wires on the diagnostic so i can check out for any codes but i get nothing. The check engine light does not light up or anything. It was running just fine a week ago after i replaced all the lines ( brakes, fuel ).

P.S. A guy offered me to trade my 87 Supra Turbo 5spd, with a 1998 BMW 323is 5spd. Is it worth it?

· Registered
30 Posts
disregard checking power, sorry I spaced out the first half of your post.
Do you get any fuel ? If not then it sounds like there might be a bad wire or 2 in the engine harness (considering no check engine light) or possibly a bad ECU (rare but it can happen).

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Check all engine related electrical connections, and double check ground wires round the engine bay, and the ecu ground. If those are okay, check the fuses, and also check the wiring going into those fuses. If those are okay, check every connector on the engine wiring harness, it is likely you disconnected something, and forgot about it.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
fuses are fine. The EFI fuse is good too. The only thing is left to do is to check every single wire.
Best to get a wire tracer for that, pick up one up in a local electronics supply store for about 40-60 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.