Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7mge does not throw a spark. I cleaned the intake and the valve covers, and changed the spark plug wires. After assembling, the engine did not start due to lack of spark, check the coil, relay, and ecu, all are running. What could be the problem? Any help is appreciated.

·
7M Fanatic
3,081 Posts
Can't tell, wasn't looking over your shoulder as you worked on it.....
I would suspect an electrical connector somewhere got disturbed, or got water in it.

Your best bet is to go to the TSRM, and follow Toyota's diagnostic procedure.
If you are too cheap to have bought a used factory shop manual (less thasn $50 on eBay),
There is the online version:
Toyota Supra MkIII shop manual)
Harder to use than a real shop manual, but has 99% of the same info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As they say. Check your distributor even if you dint took it out. At the left part of it has a black connector. Check if is connected or the car will not start because is the connector of the CPS (Anything will be ignored by your ecu if is not working and also the coil isnt activated). If that dint work out. Check the TSMR put your car on diagnostic mode, Is just shorting 2 pins on the diagnostics port a paper clip will do the trick and check the codes. it will blink your engine light an amount of times that you have to count to know what is the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts