Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tired to start my car and no spark! It started fine yesterday. I got coilpacks are fairly new new and new spark plugs. I took the spark plug out and cranked but no spark. I think it's my ignitor box. anyway to prove this before i spend the money and buy one? Or anything other possible things? I need it running soon. I have 2 weeks till a big car show i have been getting ready for all year

·
Registered
402 Posts
some auto zones have ignitor testors give them a call and see if they have the appropriate harness connecter to test . good luck

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
diagnosing is the key! Start from your coilpacks and back. I would find out what the resistance are in each element you are testing. Its fairly simple if you think about it. Start from your spark plugs, to packs, to box, and so on. Check with ignition key on. It all ends to the ECU. Hope that helps?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my local autozone and auto aprts store and they DON"T have the tester for my ignitor module. I went to Toyota and they want me to tow the car in and have them plug up the whole car. I think it's a waste of time and money. Anyt other way to test this module?

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
Do you know how to use a voltmeter? If you do, its very simple to determine what the problem is. I can walk you through it over the phone if you want. If I were in your shoes I would post up in your local section and find a local owner to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts