Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my car to start. I found that I am not getting any spark. I tested the coil resistance as specified in the TSRM as well as the voltage to the coils..all checking out fine. I also checked the resistance on the ignitor. THey were within specs. I had some issues with the 3V test; so I can't varify if it passed or failed this.

Should I just replace the ignitor; or could there be other issues causing the lack of spark?

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
If someone cranked the engine, and you checked the volts on the coil pack harness... did they read any power?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the voltage to the harness, and it was good..i also checked the resistance on the cam sensor like specified in TSRM and that was good too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
if your not gettin any spark in all 6 plugs then its a chance its your cps. if you have access to a NOID light stick that in the injecter plug. if it doesnt light up then its defently your cps. i went through that problem i was fustrated as hell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm loosing spark occasionally too. I have a new igniter so my next guess is the CPS. The symptoms are as follows : Occasionally, when driving steady at about 100km/h, all 6 cylinders lose spark; the car dies and has to be restarted. Are there ways to measure the cps accurately without any special tools?

·
me me me me me me!!!
483 Posts
if the ecu does not get a signal from the cps it will cut off your spark, and it won't give you a code for it either. just hardwire the cps into the engine harness. not shitty connectors, solder it and use heat shrink tubing.

i had this same problem on my 87 and the cps connection was bad. now my 91 that is in very good condition is having the same problem. the connection just sucks ass for some reason. hard wire it and if that doesn't work that it's probably the contacts or perhaps it's really dirty inside and isn't making proper connection because of that. there is a seal located around the plastic cover and an o-ring around the shaft that goes inside the head that keeps oil out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts