Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my car just died on me. I have an auto. Well after the car died i put the tranny in neutral and tried to start the car (this happened before) but this time the car wouldnt start. So i pushed it aside and kept trying for awhile and still couldnt get anything. Checked if i was getting any sparks, and it seems i wasnt getting any. Check my fuses, all seemed good. Well, yea kept trying and all of a sudden it starts. Been 2 days and now my cars running like shit. while im braking the car starts dropping under idle so i have to kick it up and now here and there the car doesnt start. well still seems to not get any sparks when it wont start. so whats up? what should i check or change or something. HELP!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea. Spark plugs are recent and wires (NGKs)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any codes?

Mine did this and I got an error code 14.

I think I got it fixed as it hasn't done it since, but hte problem (I think) was with the wires that cross the cam covers up front. I re-wrapped those with electrical tape and it appears to have worked.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
that sounds like the ol case of bad cps wiring.
over time the clips inside the cps harness loosen up and make intermittent contact. jiggle around the harness to see if you can get it to start and once it does jiggle it again to see if it dies. if so you can replace the pins/clip or just hardwire them together.

good luck!

dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well yea, i guess i found out the problem. it seems to be my igniter. so i got a spare from my uncle... so far no problems... i just hope it doesnt come back tho. anyways thx for helping :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its doing it again.....

well unfortunetly its starting to happen again.. well the unknown stalling that is.. its only happens once and awhile. So far after replacing the igniter my car wouldnt start once, but then automatically starts up like 30 minutes after with no problem... shiet. Well im still having troubles with the stalling stuff so if anyone knows what the hell is going on with my car PLEASE help me!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
checked for codes and there are no codes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope hahah. ill try that out today. if not tommorow morn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts