Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tackling my final wiring demon (short on black/red where someone tied an aftermarket device in at one point, I missed it), I have one hurdle left.

My car will not start. It cranks at good speed (new battery) and produces blue spark on all 6 coil packs. The fuel pump is engaging, I have jumpered the pin to 12v and listend to it hum as a test. However, I do not think signal is reaching the fuel injectors.

I read 12v on the resistor-wire side of each injector clip w/ the key in the ON position, but do not read any voltage on the ECU side w/ the key on. I only pick up a .15v jump (steady at .15) when cranking on the ECU pin side. According to my pin voltage chart, I should be seeing voltage on the ecu-signal wire when the key is on (9-14v) and pulse generation when running. Can anyone confirm? If that is correct, any idea why signal is not being sent to the injectors?

I did have a wire break in my front cam position sensor, but it has been repaired (orange wire, part of the orange+white pair). If the cps was still an issue, there wouldn't be spark generated would there?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
MadMaxx said:
After tackling my final wiring demon (short on black/red where someone tied an aftermarket device in at one point, I missed it), I have one hurdle left.

My car will not start. It cranks at good speed (new battery) and produces blue spark on all 6 coil packs. The fuel pump is engaging, I have jumpered the pin to 12v and listend to it hum as a test. However, I do not think signal is reaching the fuel injectors.

I read 12v on the resistor-wire side of each injector clip w/ the key in the ON position, but do not read any voltage on the ECU side w/ the key on. I only pick up a .15v jump (steady at .15) when cranking on the ECU pin side. According to my pin voltage chart, I should be seeing voltage on the ecu-signal wire when the key is on (9-14v) and pulse generation when running. Can anyone confirm? If that is correct, any idea why signal is not being sent to the injectors?

I did have a wire break in my front cam position sensor, but it has been repaired (orange wire, part of the orange+white pair). If the cps was still an issue, there wouldn't be spark generated would there?
What kind of fuel pressure do we have?
JPI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts