Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while back I bought a pretty clean 87 Turbo. Man did the radio sound like ass in a can. After slacking for quite a long time and driving around with my bass set at zero to negative, I finally pulled the door panels off. It became pretty clear why my stereo sounded the way it did. lol.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
oh lawd. lol

The previous (original) owner of my car had put some aftermarket speakers in the doors. I don't know what brand.

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
haha mine werent too far different in my 94... i wasnt surprised to find a similar situation under there when i went to upgrade. i went with some entry level focal components which are a damn good value for a non-amped setup.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
I need to take pictures of this so called pro-install of my old stereo system, man what a fkn hackjob.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I had this car I had a old jeep cherokee just as a work vehicle. Make I pulled the speakers out of the back of that thing and they looked like they were salvaged off a sunken ship. lol.

The speakers in the pics there sounded horrible. If I tried to listen to those things I'd have to have the windows up. Windows down I couldn't hear them over the wind.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got the same problem im just to lazy to fix them....
Yeah I drove around for several months with them like that. Finally I just ran down to cartoys and picked up a pair of 4" pioneers for like $50. I didn't really feel like paying alot of speakers at the time, so I figured something that doesn't look like the speakers in the pic would be a upgrade lol. And the door panels are surprisingly easy to remove and reinstall.

· Registered
196 Posts
I just went to my local wal-mart and picked up two sets of pioneers for 80 bucks. I mean they dont sound awesome but def better than stock..Infinity speakers have always been my favorite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.