Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CrESsIdA = PuSsY mAgNiT!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
r154 making noise when ever im driving at over 3000 rpm.any ideas?drive shaft tranny throw out bearing any more possiblitys?

·
Registered
986 Posts
you only recently started noticing this?

cuz i know u did the 5spd swap in you cress not to long ago and if your gettin vibration its most likely being caused by the tranny touching the body of the car. to fit the r154 in the mx83 cressida chasis, u gotta beat down the tranny tunnel to fit it in there.

·
CrESsIdA = PuSsY mAgNiT!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i blew my first tranny last week and also my rear cage snaped in half making my axels pop out.just replaced it early this week this is when i started hearing noise.

·
Registered
986 Posts
hmm, im assuming you broke all this shit when u went single. cress must be making some good power bro :bigthumb:

did you put back on a cressida diff or a supra diff?

i dont know too much mx83 cressidas with a single making power so i cant say this is a common problem.

hmmmm, u sure u didnt have a w58 tranny in there at first (doesnt require beating out the tranny tunnel, could by why u didnt have vibrating before), blew that cuz you were making too much power with single conversion, then put in the r154 and didnt beat out the tunnel causing the vibration you have now.

just putting a thought out there. but if you think about it makes sense.

maybe the driveshaft bearing is bad? that shit gets annoying when your lettin off the clutch and the driveshaft is jumping up n down under there.

well thats about as much as i can help with

good luck.

if your ever in bk give me shout, maybe i could check it out for you.

daniel

·
CrESsIdA = PuSsY mAgNiT!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got it checked out they said its my center support bearing and the throw out bearing.i did have an r154 b4 and we did bang out the tunnel.the car has a supra diff.and to make shit worse lol i was just driving home from the shop and my rim flys off on the highway long story short my car is ok thank god.im ok 2 btw lol i need new rims now on the down side.

·
Registered
986 Posts
damn. that sucks.

driveshaft bearing, when doing the 5speed swap, its always good to get that new.

just about every 5spd cress i've been in needed that bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts