Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in to see if the sensor can be swapped over from the abs transmission to the non abs one.I might just scrap the abs anyways...Its the r-154

Eric

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
I could be wrong on this, but I dont think an abs sensor is on the transmission, mang.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
You guys are dead wrong. There IS an ABS sensor on the transmission in ABS-equipped cars. If you install the non-ABS transmission in your ABS car, the ABS will not work, at all. Ask me how I know. :mad:
As for the sensor swap, I'm sure that the non-ABS trans does not have the hole for the ABS sensor to slip into.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
I stand corrected. However, my microfiche doesnt list any versions of a non-abs transmission. NA, automatic and turbocharged ma70s are all shown to have the same sensor. JDM?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the trans out of my parts car is no abs and the hole has a steel plate over it... Just seeing if anyone has removed this and put the sensor in and if that worked. Thanks for the imput guys

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
as long as the gear on the output shaft is there then it should work. I personally don't have ABS so I woudl nto be able to tell you.

·
Registered
523 Posts
only reason im asking for pics is that i am gonna order a engine trann setup and want to make sure i get the one with an ABS sensor since i'm getting an ABS equipped car. just want to be able to talk to the engine people and tell them what they need to look for on a tranny for me.

thanks

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I am getting ready to install a sensor onto my 1JZ/5-speed which came with no ABS. My 90T/Auto had one and the NEW 1JZ harness that I have, has the connector for the sensor. Just need the sensor itself installed (remove metal cover/plate and just install it...... is all it takes, I think).

So, as soon as I receive the sensor and install, I will let yall know...

BTW: The tranny senses the rear-wheel speed. The front wheels each have individual sensors. If the rear sensor is not hooked up, your ABS light will always stay on and your rear wheels are more apt to lock up on hard braking...

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Just a guess, I'd say you just need to bolt the sensor on, the trigger wheel is there. And all it probally is is a speed sensor that tells the abs computer how fast you are going.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep. Since then my knowledge of transmissions has expanded vastly... You can pop out the plug but it would be easier just to swap the extension housing over from the abs trans (unless you have a slide hammer). But who needs abs anyways?

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Oops, need to check the dates huh? What else am I for, bumping old threads is my specilty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts