Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this question is not specific to MKIV but I have a 2jz in my BMW. I need to find a way to get my speedometer to work. My BMW had the speedo hooked up to the diff, and I have a nissan skyline LSD diff in it. Does anyone know much about the options I have to get my speedo to work? Should I try taking the piece from my BMW diff and getting it to work?

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
Well, You would probably have better luck on BMW forum. The mkiv speedometer, tack and all instrument clusters are electrical. If you run 2jz ecu, maybe you can put in the rest of the Supras electronics to the dash, and use Supra gauges.

I think simpler solution is to get an aftermarket speedometer/tach from autometer and put them into your gauge cluster.

like this.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the speed get sent to the ECU for any reason? If it does what reason does it get sent there for?

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
Does the speed get sent to the ECU for any reason? If it does what reason does it get sent there for?
I think Supras speedometer sensor is located on the tranny, I am not sure if the signal is sent to the ecu, or directly to the gauge. I would think it is sent to ecu, because of fuel cut .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts