Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I doubt that a stock elise can get close to 1:33 at WSIR even pro driven. Maybe with race tires modded suspension and downforce mods.No way stock, I drove with a stock one at the streets of willow springs which is a track made for the elise and my supra walked all over the lotus and I know the driver he is good. My best at WSIR is 1:30 with a stripped light supra and 450RWHP and dialed suspension with big ass wing,WSIR is a horsepower track you need it to run real fast there, I would guess that the showroom stock elise might break 1:40.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bart97 said:
I doubt that a stock elise can get close to 1:33 at WSIR even pro driven. Maybe with race tires modded suspension and downforce mods.No way stock, I drove with a stock one at the streets of willow springs which is a track made for the elise and my supra walked all over the lotus and I know the driver he is good. My best at WSIR is 1:30 with a stripped light supra and 450RWHP and dialed suspension with big ass wing,WSIR is a horsepower track you need it to run real fast there, I would guess that the showroom stock elise might break 1:40.
Well, the owner of the car stated stock with sports package with pads, brake fluid, etc. I see roughly 1.35 in that vid. Even 1.35 is unbelievably fast for a stock car... with the roof off. The driver is however is a pro, Cort Wagner of ALMS series.

·
Registered
531 Posts
badkarma said:
Well, the owner of the car stated stock with sports package with pads, brake fluid, etc. I see roughly 1.35 in that vid. Even 1.35 is unbelievably fast for a stock car... with the roof off. The driver is however is a pro, Cort Wagner of ALMS series.
Yeah i've been out there for three years and have never seen anything stock run 1:35 or lower porsches included,oh except fararri challenge cars. Everything else needs at least tires and downforce etc....and the Elise has only 190 HP even though it is light it is more in the range of the low end miata turbo and believe me completly stock the miata turbo would have a hard time cracking 1:40. That said I think the elise is a cool looking track car with unlimited potential when the bolt on mods become available. Downforce and more horsepower and they could rule.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
I'm DL'ing that vid now, I'll check it when it's done.

There were two Elise's at Pocono last Friday, we ran the East Course which is quite tight and technical as they say. The one in the intermediate blue group was having fun but putzing around sort of half fast and not taking good lines. The one in my red group was driving very well, it looked like he barely had to slow down in the corners so coming out of a few twisty turns leading into a short straight coming up on my basic BPU car, in good conscience I had to point him by.

They sure look like a fun car! It might even spoiled the basic nicety of it, but I bookmarked this ...I think he snuck in a post here a while back... a little extra pressure in that engine via turbo or supercharger might convince me to try one http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8488

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Btw, the Elises come stock with R-Compounds so it's on tire stock. Larger tire is another story but I'm 99.9% sure they come with R-Compounds from what I've read and seen from the one here at my work.

The above isn't supporting any arguement but I wanted to clarify that the car has tire going for it stock.

·
Registered
533 Posts
bart97 said:
Yeah i've been out there for three years and have never seen anything stock run 1:35 or lower porsches included,oh except fararri challenge cars. Everything else needs at least tires and downforce etc....and the Elise has only 190 HP even though it is light it is more in the range of the low end miata turbo and believe me completly stock the miata turbo would have a hard time cracking 1:40. That said I think the elise is a cool looking track car with unlimited potential when the bolt on mods become available. Downforce and more horsepower and they could rule.

Better include Z06s in there too at 1:30 on the stock runflats and 1:28 on somewhat stickier street (?) tires: http://andypilgrim.com/begging_to_differ.htm :)

Pro drivers can do amazing things. Johannes Vanderbeek got a stock 911 to right around 2:00 at Thunderhill IIRC, which is usually the domain of racecars on slicks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Eric said:
Better include Z06s in there too at 1:30 on the stock runflats and 1:28 on somewhat stickier street (?) tires: http://andypilgrim.com/begging_to_differ.htm :)

Pro drivers can do amazing things. Johannes Vanderbeek got a stock 911 to right around 2:00 at Thunderhill IIRC, which is usually the domain of racecars on slicks.
Wow that is flat f--king flying for a stock car, you're right pro racers are amazing but the z06 has oodles of hp the elise is another story.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
If he did 1:33 in a stock elise, he is a hell of a driver. My car is definately faster than an elise, and the fastest I've been at WISR is 1:36. A 1:33 in my car, or an elise for that matter would be damn scary as a passenger...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
turbomx5 said:
If he did 1:33 in a stock elise, he is a hell of a driver. My car is definately faster than an elise, and the fastest I've been at WISR is 1:36. A 1:33 in my car, or an elise for that matter would be damn scary as a passenger...
Well, I think the Spec Miata record at WSIR is 1.38 in 2003. The elise owner said Cort Wagner did 1.34 in the video I posted, and the 1.31 was on another day with top on and no head wind. Even 1.34 is impressive for a low power street car though. There's a reason why the pro's get payed to play while we pay to play. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
531 Posts
badkarma said:
Well, I think the Spec Miata record at WSIR is 1.38 in 2003. The elise owner said Cort Wagner did 1.34 in the video I posted, and the 1.31 was on another day with top on and no head wind. Even 1.34 is impressive for a low power street car though. There's a reason why the pro's get payed to play while we pay to play. :bigthumb:
Did you mean 1:33 with the top on and no wind because I don't think shoemacher
could pull a 1:31 in a stock elise.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Not a stock Elise but apparently the turbo link I posted above has developed further. Sounds like they're in California so maybe you'll meet up with it one day. I'd love to hear if a decent driver could handle it well:

http://www.forcedfed.com/elise.html

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bart97 said:
Did you mean 1:33 with the top on and no wind because I don't think shoemacher
could pull a 1:31 in a stock elise.
The owner of the car said Cort did a 1.31 top on, no wind. I don't know this guy's reputation or know him at all. Maybe you'll meet up with them next time you're out there.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
maybe they'll give us a quantity discount ...I actually dreamed about it last night and I was driving it quite well ;)

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
bart97 said:
I want one now. with 275 hp it moght run 1:27 at WSIR
Payne said a ForcedFed LE Race 400 will be available in mid-May with 400 hp

:drool: :hitit:

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Not a stock Elise but apparently the turbo link I posted above has developed further. Sounds like they're in California so maybe you'll meet up with it one day. I'd love to hear if a decent driver could handle it well:

http://www.forcedfed.com/elise.html
This car doesn't exist anymore. It was hit by a ryder truck a couple weekends ago. it was going to be in the next USCC, but apparently someone had other plans for it...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Isn't the Celica motor pretty weak? A high compression ratio, forced induction and track use don't seem like a good combo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts