Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
turbomx5 said:
This car doesn't exist anymore. It was hit by a ryder truck a couple weekends ago. it was going to be in the next USCC, but apparently someone had other plans for it...

NO!!!! :( :sadwavey:

It would have been such a good contender for the next USCC...that just sucks. Hopefully they'll bring their EVO! ;)

-Olivier

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Btw badkarma, thanks for that most enjoyable link. That guy was a damn smooth and fast driver.

Sorry for the bad news for whoever owned that turbo'd one, I sure hope no one was hurt.

But it seems like another one would pop out any minute if it was a developed mod like it sounded from the links. New Elise plus maybe $10k and you'd have it ...significant but not out of this world.

Power steering in an Elise? Your lucky they put seats in there ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
irie
168 Posts
silvino said:
Btw, the Elises come stock with R-Compounds so it's on tire stock. Larger tire is another story but I'm 99.9% sure they come with R-Compounds from what I've read and seen from the one here at my work.

The above isn't supporting any arguement but I wanted to clarify that the car has tire going for it stock.
the sport model comes with r - compound tires and twin oil coolers.

i test drove one in burlingame and it was impressive.

·
irie
168 Posts
badkarma said:
Yeah, the sport version comes with Yokohama 048 R compound tires. No Hoosier type grip though.

what i also heard is that the new elises for next year are having mandated bumpers. :rolleyes: hopefully it wont distract from its appealing looks. cause i was so close to getting an elise. but unfortunately im buying a house so i guess that wont happen for a while.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts