Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non-turbo to single turbo?

I know some people on here have gone from a non-turbo to a single turbo. I want a 600 rwhp + car and for it to be reliable. I am thinking of buying a non-turbo for two reasons:

1. I figure its just waisting alot of $$$ buying tt Supra if I am just going to upgrade to a single turbo anyway.

2. Insurance would be cheaper since it would be a "non-turbo model"

Only thing I need to know is what all does it take to get a non-turbo engine ready for a single turbo? Any links or webpages?How much do you figure it will cost to upgrade a non-turbo to a single turbo with 600+ rwhp?

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just get a civic and 3 or 4 type R stickers... grab some neon lights too :D

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
supraman1993 said:
not USUALLY is the key phrase, but this is the 2JZ we're talking about:D
i know many of the single 2jz guys have had their share of problems....given the 2jz is less frequent to have problems but if you're gonna have a 600whp daily driven car you're bound to have more problems than when you did at stock 220hp.

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
i'm NA to Single with over 500whp and i've had tons of problems. but when things are good... it cant be beat. but like most things that are high performance, its takes alot of maintenance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What type of problems are you ustually dealing with? Tranny problems? engine problems? electronics? turbo problems?

Flipn

·
Registered
898 Posts
i am almost postive you wont be able to run 600 rwhp daily with the 2jz ge, it may be able to supply 600 rwhp on the track easy, but daily your going to have problems all over. if you want that much rear wheel horspower.. get a twin turbo, or like doodle said.. buy a civic and a few type r stickers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts