Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say I swaped my non turbo motor out for a VVTI twin turbo motor, actually G R technologies did it for me and ill be posting some pics up tomarrow for everybody to see how good there work is, also the car dynoed out to a sweet 360 hp, and it runs perfectly thanks to a couple of guys at G R technologies, so be on the look out ill post some pics real soon. :hail:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um lets see down pipe exhaust boost cut controller a blitz filter and dyno tubed apexi fuel computer, pics should be up by 2pm on wed

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not really, the motor was whole. It came with every thing i needed.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sweet...buying a n/a now, mind if you toss me the info to the shop? Just msg it to me or send it to [email protected]

How much it cost you out the door?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
looks great..

curious as to where you bought the engine from and how much as well...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats cool rex 03 I would recomend doing it, ill get the shop info to you tomarrow I dont have it handy , but i will, and ill post it for you right away, these guys really know what there doing, especially with VVYI twin turbo motors, ill get you the numbers i spent on each and every detail too for ya.

Like i said before yes I did the whole jdm swap, you really cant use to many usdm parts on the VVTI motor, there very different, but in a very good way no lag at all the turbos are just there waiting to give power out with the VVTI helping, they work together pretty well, the turbos are slghtly smaller on the VVTI motor, so thers no lag like i said, and the motor put out very good numbers on the dyno, alot of people dont like the idea of using this motor, but I really dont c the reason, maybe just because alot of people dont know alot about this motor, but give it some time and alot more shops will be learning about it, just remember it was a whole jdm swap, the motor was whole , with all the accesories, you cant interchange the heads or intake manifolds the motors are very different, but VVTI is seeming the way to go these days, they make very good power easily, the smaller turbos and the VVTI work together perfectly, it dynoed 360 to the wheels, again to you Supra fly ill get you the numbers i paid for everything tomarrow, ill post all the info on the shop and how much i paid, ill post it on this thread so check it out on tuesday. The place where i bought and had it installed was G R Technologies, the motor had only 15,000 miles on it, but going na to VVTI twin turbo would be pretty cheap, and youd have really good results for power and speed, its costly buying a ....even a stock twin turbo supra, that was and still is out of my price range to buy a twin turbo supra, its hard to find them cheap, Ive seen many Na supras for as cheap as 10,000, also there have been no traction issues either, even with the shorter rear end gearing that comes in a Na supra, so youll be going faster easier, im still using my 5 speed right now, but at the end of the year ill be buying a 6 speed so i can play it safe when i go for more power, talk to ya guys tomarrow with the info

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are some pics of my 1993 supra, Ive never put em up before, well the outside anyways, Ive had it for almost 7 years, pretty good shape huh?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
Looks great man!! good #s for a BPU JDM VVTI 2JZ (anymore letters :D) do you plan on leaving it as is or doin more mods??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry i havent been on here ......ive been workin alot havent had time but ill get all the info up on here really soon, i promise, i dont even have time now but i will sunday evening for sure, and no its not the baseline power for a vvti, it has some stuff done to it, and yes ill keep moding damn sure i will , i like to be different so thats why i got the vvti motor we will see if this motor can put the smack down on the original 2JZGTE...........

·
SupraForums Member
661 Posts
Suprarob69 said:
Supradave69 - I'm interested in the shops info as well and how much the entire swap cost? Thanks!
GRTechnologies
954-916-6660 shop
305-321-3166 cell

1 - 20 of 36 Posts