Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I’m wanting to buy some forged pistons but Can I buy the none vvti pistons and rods for a vvti engine ? Top end will still be vvti, I’m assuming they just say vvti on the pistons to determine the thick rods and the na thinner ones ? So I guess my main question is will it work none vvti forged pistons and rods on a 2jz ge vvti engine bores same etc? Thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi, I’m wanting to buy some forged pistons but Can I buy the none vvti pistons and rods for a vvti engine ? Top end will still be vvti, I’m assuming they just say vvti on the pistons to determine the thick rods and the na thinner ones ? So I guess my main question is will it work none vvti forged pistons and rods on a 2jz ge vvti engine bores same etc? Thanks

I understand budget woes.

Saw this on YouTube, it's not like it has never been done before, usually just change the rods out and use your old pistons if they are still good, either way, take it to the machine shop to get checked for stretch and all that.

Buy then again, you are already opening up the motor, save a few hundred more, be patient and buy everything forged . Feel me?

Rishi

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dazholmes

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
the stock ge vvti pistons have been known to crack ringlands etc... so you would want to do rods and pistons on a vvti ge block to do it right.
You can drop in non vvti ge pistons and rods assuming the cylinder walls are still good, or you can go aftermarket which has lots of compression ratio choices and plus sizes if you get work done to the block etc...

Reactions: Mr.Gill
1 - 5 of 5 Posts